Friday, November 22, 2013

Arms & Abs


Many of you ask me how I find time to workout with the kids and I just wanted to address that quickly. It's hard. It is. When your kids are running you ragged and then magically, they finally sleep at the same time, sometimes you just want to sit there and do nothing. Working out isn't always the first thing I want to do either. It's a choice...but I encourage you to take every opportunity to be active. It will make you feel better in the long run. Of course, there are days when I decide a long, hot bath and a good book would do more for my soul and those are good days, too. I'm not knockin' those. 
A huge part for me in finding time to workout is being able to get creative here at home. We have slowly started to piece together a small home gym. I say that with aspiration in my voice. We hope one day to have a home gym...right now it's some free weights, resistance bands, some workout DVDs and a stationary bike! My point is, you can work out anywhere. Use your body as your weights if you don't have any. Yesterday, I promised to share one of my workouts with you. I wanted to show you exactly what I did this week, but my kids are tugging at my pjs, looking up at me waiting to be fed so the detailed post of specific exercise routines will have to wait. I've got priorities, man.
Anyway, pinterest has been huge in helping to keep me motivated. I like to pin exercises and reference them frequently. Lately, I've tried these and would recommend them:
Also, try these moves to workout your arm muscles without the strain on your wrists.

These are always good, too-

When people ask me what I do to workout my arms and abs, I immediately pick out planking as the best thing to do for both. You can plank anytime, anywhere (if you don't mind odd looks) and you can try to beat your own times. I usually throw in a 3 minute plank at the end of every workout I do. Try to plank every day. Do it. I dare you.


Additionally, there's a workout trainer app called Skimble that I utilize when I'm feeling very uninspired and need a little kick. It's free!

Have you pinned any exercises that I should add to my boards?

5 comments:

Kristin said...

The Nike Training Club app is fantastic. Also, I STILL plank everyday, a year later. It's so good for you.

Lisa C said...

I try to plank and squat everyday. It's always a good sign when my arms are too tired to do the full time :)

Karen said...

I've never heard of Skimble but I'm totally going to check it out. I love planking, I haven't done it for awhile but I used to make my dance kids do it every single day.

Chantal said...

You're giving me some inspiration for when we move! I need to get back to working out!

Nina said...

You have been tagged: http://www.kfamilyadventures.com/2013/11/eleven-facts/

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings