Monday, November 18, 2013

Let's Pretend! (A Halloween Farewell)

I always sort of get in a funk when Halloween comes to an end. I think the holiday was specifically placed where it was in the calendar year just so that more fun is always on the horizon in the coming months. Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Years. Those are good times, too. But I've always known that Halloween was just my thing. I used to tell my family when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, "I want to be a kid. I don't want to grow up." You can quote me on that. Those are wise words, my friends. As a child, I loved playing dress-up. Here's my best Michael Jackson:
Because wearing two gloves would be ordinary.

Hehe. Anyway...
Containers full of ballerina tutus, pink barbie heels, and magic wands graced our bonus room growing up. I loved it! My point is that is doesn't have to be Halloween to dress up, am I right? Well, at least it doesn't have to be if you're a kid (Y'all might disown me if I wore some Cruella Devil to church one Sunday morning).
Sometimes the cutest costumes are the ones that keep it simple (I loved Chantal's daughter in her monster costume). Perhaps that's where I failed this year for my boys. No one wanted to wear the King Tritan costume because there was so much going on with it. I'm sticking to my advice to get toddlers a costume they can't get out of by themselves and call it a day. They'll happily toddle around looking as cute as can stinkin' be and are free to let their imaginations run wild while playing and pretending. I found this precious monster baby costume that looks similar to it:
How cute?
Still, I think Halloween must be for adults anyway. Go see this spooky cocktail a friend posted! I bet it's delicious.
Until next year, Halloween!
Bring on The Holidays! I've already been sneaking and decorating for Christmas, much to my husband's dismay. 

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Monster babies are awesome! Thanks for linking back to me ;)

Karen said...

I LOVE Halloween. And playing dress up - we always had a huge costume box growing up. We just recently started one for the girls, I bought several costumes on clearance on Nov 1 :)

Anonymous said...

Em looooves dress up. She has a full drawer dedicated to it!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings