Thursday, November 7, 2013

More Than Enough

The trouble with a blog is that I never write anything I'm proud of anymore. I'm 28 years old today and I can think of a million goals that might not ever come to fruition because where is the time? I haven't had a chance to sit down all morning. When these little fellas who call me Mom (yes, I got "Mom" today) finish their breakfasts, there are mouths and little hands to clean. When they both are excused from the table, there are diapers. As I'm cleaning the kitchen that is suddenly a mess, I break up multiple toy scuffles and by the time I sit down to roll a train across the hardwood floors it's time to start the routine over again for lunch. The time just isn't there. There's so much love in its place, though. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  I'm going to scoop up my babies on this special day of mine and be thankful for these two precious blessings. I can't believe they're mine. If I don't do anything else in my life, I'll be happy at the end because I know I've poured my heart and soul into loving and raising my sweet boys. That is more than enough.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree completely. Sometimes I look at all of the wonderful things that people have accomplished around me and I get bummed out and disappointed in myself. Then, just as you said, I realize all that I have accomplished. I am raising beautiful children and sharing my love and knowledge with them so that, when they enter the world they will prosper. So then I start thanking my lucky stars that my family is in a place where I can spend my time with these little angels. I get to see them discover and learn knew things right before me. Being a mom is a very special and important job. I'm sure I will have my moments of doubt, and sadness again, but then I will remember that there are a lot of people who won't get to accomplish all that I have either. For that I am grateful.

Mrs. Duh said...

First of all, Happy Birthday! Second, I'm not a mom, but I have the same feelings. I look at my friends who are parents, how much they love their kids, and how much they've grown/changed... and I think to myself, "Have I really done anything in my life so far that means anything?" I'm sure I have, but I get those doubts too. In my opinion, moms are working hard to raise good and loving human beings who are going to make this world a better place... there are few jobs more important than that.

Angie said...

Happy birthday!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! My birthday is today as well, and you are the 7th person who I know also has a birthday today. Nov 7th, is a popular date!

Sarah said...

Happy happy birthday!!! You're a wonderful mother!!

ps. I don't think I said it before, but your new design is really pretty!

Chantal said...

This is so so sweet. Yes, being a mother is enough!

Happy birthday, again!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Being a mom is definitely more than enough.

erika said...

Perfectly said. And a late happy birthday again. :)

Fran said...

Happy [very late] birthday! And being a mom is mooore than enough!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings