Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm in a good place.


As a prior-military family, you can imagine that we don't really have a routine Thanksgiving that we normally do. In 2009, we spent the day in Fairbanks with new friends after J served his soldiers a big meal. In 2010, we were on a boat floating around Alaska and Canada. Our cafeteria food wasn't quite what we had in mind, but I treasure that time for more than one reason. The photo above was taken shortly before we got on the boat. Then in 2011, I had a sweet (but colic-prone) squishy baby and tensions were high. We celebrated Thanksgiving in Louisiana by ordering a pizza and waiting on his family to get there the next day. Last year, in 2012, I was very pregnant and tired. J's parents came down to Louisiana to fry a turkey with us.
This year, we're planning on making the rounds at my grandparents' houses and counting our blessings.  Chiefly among these are:
These two sweeties. I can't get a blur-free photo for nothin'. I'm thankful for their lively personalities and good health and development! I love them so very much.

My husband- he works very hard for our family:

My health:

This year has been a quick one, but I'm proud of the changes I've made in my lifestyle. Exercising and attempting to eat better has changed my life (and body!). No turning back.

Being back in Tennessee:

I still can't believe it. I look out at our street and can see the church steeple in the distance. We're in town, but we still have an element of seclusion. I feel as if God picked us right up out of the largest city in our nation and placed us in exactly the right home. It was no sweat for him. One day we're settling into our new lives in sunny Florida, the next we're nestled around our dear mountains of East TN.

*Family, friends, a God who never leaves me, coffee, patience, and many many more are also on that list. I'm in a good place, y'all.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
(and a very happy birthday to my sister, Paige. Love you.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! I am so happy that your family is in your new home for the Holidays.

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

So glad that you get to spend Thanksgiving with lots of family this year in your permanent home!! I hope you and your family have a FAN-tastic Thanksgiving! :)

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you guys have settled into a good place!

Kathryn B said...

So glad everything is working out and falling into place! Hopefully you guys can start new traditions this year! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Angie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Andrea @ Love is... said...

So happy that you're happy & back where your heart wanted to be! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family & enjoy every minute of it! = )

Webb Things said...

I'm so happy for y'all! You look amazing and I love seeing your Instagram pics! Congrats on all off your blessings, girl!
Happy Thanksgiving!

-Nicole

Ourhumblewebb.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving
xx Tia
acaffeinatedbrunette.com

Fran said...

Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings