Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Vermont Part Two

(Want to catch up on our recent trip to VT? Start here.)


As I was saying, Vermont was a breath of fresh air. We pushed the pedal to the metal and got to the university in plenty of time for J to get signed in. The light drizzle of rain didn't damper our spirits. It felt wonderful to be traveling again and I couldn't help but notice how easy it was to breathe there. The heat wasn't making me want to hide indoors; the air was cool and damp. It rained and rained. The first day, I was determined to still get out and explore. My first stop was a cemetery in Barre, VT.

Hope Cemetery is situated in the granite capital of the world. Architecturally speaking, it was interesting. Many of the memorials were shaped into favorite activities or hobbies of the deceased.
Creepy or Sweet?

I might have enjoyed looking around a bit more if construction wasn't going on or if I could have gotten out and walked around more. Still, I checked that stop off my Vermont To Do List and was on my way.
Next stop? Walmart. I needed a raincoat, umbrella, and a stroller.
Later, Baby A and I set out on foot to explore Montpelier, VT. We were staying in the capital city and there was much to do within walking distance. We paused at a picturesque church to snap a photo to send to Daddy who was, sadly, attending meetings and presentations all day. 


I did some window shopping and then returned to the hotel for a nap. A NAP! It was amazing. Relaxing. Perfect.
We went out to dinner that night and my youngest fell asleep in my arms. It was nice to enjoy farm fresh food at a restaurant with adult conversation, wine, and zero talk about babies. This ole housewife doesn't get out much...but when I do get this taste of sweet freedom, it is savored.


I'll write more later...

4 comments:

Bethany and Isaac said...

Re: not getting out much - neither do Isaac and I, at least not together sans kid. But we finally gave a try to KidsPark, which is a country-wide thing but there are two in Jacksonville. It's basically drop-off daycare. You don't have to call ahead, you just drop them off and pick them up on your schedule. Best part? It's only $8/hour! Cheaper than baby-sitters! So we went on a real, good date the other night while E was at KidsPark in Riverside. There's another at Tinseltown (Southside, just north of JTB a.k.a. Butler Blvd. Yes every street has 3 names in Jax.) which is just one exit off JTB away from the Town Center which has lots of great restaurants! So we're going to be using them a lot more now that we know how easy and cheap they are.

Anyway. Vermont. Pretty! I think the tombstones are cool AND creepy. Ha. Beautiful church!

Kristin said...

VT is the only New England State I missed when we went there a few years ago. I bet it's a great break from FL!

Chantal said...

Sounds like fun!!

Becca said...

I would love to go to VT one day! Love any pics of graveyard stuff. I'm so goth! haha :) You look so rested in all of these pics :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings