Friday, June 28, 2013

Let Me Tell Ya Bout My Best Friend

This summer has been relatively busy for us and I wouldn't have it any other way. It takes my mind off of how lonely I get here in Jacksonville. It's the largest city in our nation, but it just makes me feel incredibly isolated. How strange. Our house is mere feet away from the next, but I spend my days feeling as if everyone is so far away. I'm often longing for a cup of coffee with a girlfriend. Perhaps a workout partner. I had both last week and it left me with a sweet taste of home.

My bestie arrived to save me from the vacation hangover I was having.

We traversed beaches-


Shopped.
Chatted.
Got deep over some Chili's margaritas.
And we made some funny memories in the rain. 

Then it was over. I missed her as soon as I dropped her off at the airport. Life is better lived with friends, y'all. I miss all of my people back in Tennessee!

6 comments:

Angie said...

I know how you feel! I am so homesick that it hurts. I almost hopped in the car to drive home the other day even though it is a 2 day drive. I am very lonely in Texas.

I didn't know it was the largest city. I had no clue it was so large. It is going to be culture shock coming from South Texas.

Mrs. Duh said...

Sometimes, a girl just needs her bestie! I'm glad you had a chance for a nice visit.

Becca said...

Totally feeling you right now. Love this post. Happy you had such quality time!!

Chantal said...

I wish we lived even closer than the 4 hours we have between us...

Jenn said...

awe. I wish we lived closer! Maybe in Tenn. I hear its a beautiful place to live.

JG said...

Glad you had a special visit! the best part about good friends is that it doesn't matter how long it's been, you can always fall right back into step with each other :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings