Friday, June 7, 2013

Vermont Bound

(Shirt & Shorts: Target, Red Eel skin purse: thrifted)

(*That photo has nothing to do with this post, I just wore that recently and wanted to share)
(**I know. I'm in desperate need of an eyebrow waxing.)

Hey y'all. It has been awhile since I just sat down and wrote without some topic in mind. The kids are both sleeping (seriously just as I wrote that, Baby A started crying! Hold please...)

...and I'm back. I gave in again. For the past few months we've been half-heartedly trying to get rid of the swaddle that he is increasingly addicted to. Yes, my child is 6 months old and still needs his swaddle. I think I need it more than him. Two days ago, I was gung-ho about getting rid of it for good. The first day went fairly well. I didn't wrap him for his naps. He did okay falling to sleep on his own and slept for about an hour each time. Then we decided to just go cold turkey with it and not give it to him that night either. He fell asleep, but the first hour he woke up at least ten times, cried briefly, and then fell back asleep. But at the end of that hour, his flailing hands startled him so much that he was screaming his terrified, overly tired cry and nothing would settle him. I searched for his favorite swaddle fresh from the dryer and didn't look back. He slept all night for the first time in a long time.

I know we swaddled K forever, but if I remember correctly, his arms weren't the problem. I think he liked having them out of the swaddle, he just wanted something snug around his torso. Baby A sleeps by our bed and he can't really roll over in the co-sleeper so it's not a safety issue so I suppose it's fine for now. I mean, he won't use a swaddle forever, right?

Anyway, we're off on another adventure for the next week or so. Captain J, Baby A, and I are traveling (via car- blah) to Vermont for the week to watch him graduate with his MBA! I'm so proud. K will be staying with his Lolly and Pop in Tennessee, though. I'm nervous to leave him for so long. He has never been without both of us at the same time. We've also never left him for this long, either. He'll be in good hands though and I think it will be good for him. I know it will be good for us. That little toddler tornado has been a handful lately. I hope I don't miss him too much. No doubt I'll miss him blowing me kisses and randomly hugging me throughout the day- little sweetie.

That reminds me. I should be packing.

Have a great weekend, friends!

9 comments:

Bethany and Isaac said...

Driving to Vermont! Wow, that's a long one! We drove to upstate NY once but we stopped in CT on the way so it was fewer than 20 hours. (Not that that mattered. It was loooong.)

I'm sorry we keep missing each other at church!

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

Have fun! Hope the car trip goes smoothly.

http://www.themariedme.com

#mommylife said...

Have fun and goodluck on your drive!

Jen said...

Have a wonderful trip! :)

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

Ok I totally pictured a 5 year old swaddled and laughed out loud.....that would be funny. :) Safe travels and cant wait to hear about it soon. :)

Kristin said...

Road trips are fun though! But I've never tried it with a 6 month old :)

Yellow shorts are great...and I don't just need my eyebrows waxed. I need someone to check them for me everyday and be like, "Fix that, fix this". Some people got the good eyebrows gene and I did not.

Jenn said...

yay Congrats J!!! Well enjoy the trip as best you can, K will be fine. There is always skype too if you really start to miss him.

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit! Hope you have a great trip!

erika said...

Oh goodness- not looking forward much to all those sleep struggles again! Your outfit is way too cute, though. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings