Saturday, September 10, 2011

One Month

Dear Baby K,

I can't believe you're one month old. Pretty soon you'll have to get a job. I kid, kid. But really, you're growing up too fast. I find myself trying to soak in everything. When I wake up in the middle of the night to feed you, I squeeze and hold you just a little bit longer than necessary because I never want to forget how sweet you are when you're cuddled up on me. My favorite part is when I can sneak a kiss on the tiny little spot where your neck meets your shoulders. I just love those precious little skin rolls and I can't help but to kiss you when I see them.

You really are the cutest kid ever.

I love the way you look like a (really cute) large mouth bass when trying to get your paci situated firmly in your mouth.

Sometimes, when you're really tired, you'll shoot your little arm up into the air in a "Power to the People" pose. When you do this, I think you take after me because I happen to find one arm up in the air quite comfortable, too- always have. Don't tell too many people that, Baby K. They'll think you're weird.



You are quite the little puker. You get that from me, too. Your YaYa says I threw up everything, too. Sorry, kid. It's lookin' like you got a lot of weird things from me...like my chin. It's cute, though- endearing, too.

You also look so much like your father right now. When I look into your eyes, I can see him in there and that makes me pleased as peaches. He is so proud of you, Baby K. When he leaves for work, I'll threaten him within an inch of his life not to wake you, but he can't help sneaking into your room and stealing a kiss. I always know because this is precisely the point at which you start stirring. He loves you so much. He can't wait to hold you when he gets home from work and he's constantly singing ridiculous songs with me to entertain you.

This month we learned that you're not so partial to church hymns, but you do love a little Johnny Cash...calms you every time! You also enjoy the heat outside and fall right to sleep when I take you on walks with me. Bath time is still a bit rocky, but you're liking it more and more. Just wait until you can play with rubber ducky. You'll love it!



You are such a big boy that you're sleeping in your own room now. You have a rock and play that serves as your main spot for catching z's, although you love to fall asleep in Daddy's arms nightly.



You are and will continue to be a blessing to your dad and me. We love you very much. Happy one month to you, little man!

Love,

Mama

10 comments:

amber said...

Smart little man if he loves him some Johnny cash! :p

Also, I think you're lying!! There is NO POSSIBLE WAY that he's already a month old! None at all!!

Becca@ The Finish Line said...

Awww...soak in all of the moments! There are so many good ones, so many spots to kiss before they grow up. Pretty soon, he'll start kissing you back and singing with his Daddy and offering you his pacifier...hope you get some good sleep with him in his own room :)

Jenna said...

He is too precious!!!!

B said...

Aww, very cute post. He's adorable! And so long and thin, looks like he'll be a tall one!

Mrs. K said...

We hope so...named him after a mountain ;)

Kristin said...

Is that a cloth diaper on him?? I cloth diaper too!! :) He is way cute!

Mrs. K said...

Kristen, You're the one who actually got me thinking of cloth diapering! When we were over at your house, I noticed you were using them. I started doing some research after that. :) So, thanks! We love it!

Mrs. K said...

Kristin* sorry ;)

Kristin said...

OH yea!!! :) So glad you are. Its so fun, and good!

Kristine said...

That could be an interesting name. ;)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings