Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What Makes the World Go Round

I'm pretty sure that KISS had it all wrong. They don't know what makes the world go round. I do, though. It's coffee. How in the sam hill did I go 9 months without it? Who can trust anyone that looks like KISS, though?



Oh, wait...that's me. Scratch that.


Another reason I'm functioning today is because my sweet baby boy let me sleep last night (Cue "Hallelujah, hallelujah..."). I think he sensed that yesterday was kinda rough for me and he wanted to give me a break.


I woke up pretty early so I could feed, dress, and change Baby K. I also had to get myself ready along with a breakfast casserole for the bible study group I was headed to. No biggie, right?


Well, perhaps for a pro like yourself, you could do all these things easily. This rookie can't say that. I'm still working on the supermom role, but it's not looking good, folks. Anyway, I head off to post to spend some time with the Lord. Just what I needed!


But just when I thought I could get through the morning with absolutely nothing going wrong, I cried. In front of strangers.


#ihatewhenthathappens


If someone asks a first time mom how things are going, they should be prepared for either 1.) a lie 2.) a long, detailed answer. Unfortunately, my long, drawn out answer was tinged with tears and fear. Before I knew it, water works were flowing from my eyes and word vomit was coming from my mouth. It was the classic over-share: "I'm worried about K and his thrush problem", "I think I'm a terrible mom", "I don't know what I'm doing", "I just want him to feel better", "His diaper rash is awful", "My blood pressure is sky high", "I'm behind in my classes"- and I could continue, but I'll spare you.


I like to think I'm a strong woman, but I'm a total crier...much to Captain J's dismay.


Oh, well...sometimes my release is a good talk with a friend, sometimes it's the words of this blog, and on my least favorite days- It's a public freak out moment. I suppose I was due.


I'm feeling better now. It must be all the prayers those ladies sent up for me because nothing has really changed. There's still homework to be done. My house is a wreck. And Baby K and I are still trying to kick this nasty thrush episode.


But today is a new day.



And this little guy and I are going to take it one day at a time.


And, okay, maybe Bob Merrill and/or the boys of KISS were right in that love makes the world go round, too.


Coffee is a close second.


Love,


Mrs. K

2 comments:

Dave Weigle said...

Well, I think you're doing a great job with our grandbaby and balancing all the other stuff! Just wish we were closer to pitch in and help. If there's something we can do, give us a holler - "we are fam-i-ly".

Jenna said...

just remember there are very few people who are supermoms. i think there is always something wrong with them too, they are just sneaker about what is going wrong with them. Just remember to do what you can and tomorrow is another day. Things get a bit better when kids get older.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings