Monday, September 26, 2011

Sickos.

When I started this blog, back when we lived in Alaska, I could regale you with all sorts of tales of the land. I could discuss things that intrigued you about Alaska, like sixty below zero temps or how for fun, Alaskans build outhouses and race them down the street. I could blog/vlog about our adventures in hunting in The Arctic Circle. Perhaps you were surprised when during a bonfire with friends, a moose walked right up to our party. Now, that was entertaining. There was always a bear, dall sheep, or something to write home about.

Here in Louisiana...

There are the love bugs.

[caption id="attachment_3452" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="(Not my image)"][/caption]

Not nearly as exciting.

But this is my life now and I should document it.

Is anyone else offended by these nasty little creatures? I mean, could you procreate somewhere other than my car, front door, and mailbox please?

They. are. everywhere. Just the other day, I endangered my life as I drove to Lake Charles because of one (err, TWO) of these suckers. They were on the driver's side window, just enough to where I could see them in my peripheral vision. I tried to ignore them, but...

umm...

GRODY!

I pushed the pedal to the metal, aiming to get those little black bugs out of my sight. I even gave them a pep talk about going to fly with their friends (who were mating nearby, the sickos). They just wouldn't leave and I was inching close to 80 mph and I wasn't on the interstate. Luckily, they let go and left me to finish my drive in peace.

For such a sweet, cute name they are some ugly creatures.

 

5 comments:

Amy said...

They are disgusting! We went to a festival yesterday and I feel like I was swatting them all day! On my skin! The nerve!!

Becca@ The Finish Line said...

Ha! The good news is that they are seasonal :) They'll be out of your hair in a few short weeks and back again in May, I believe. Speaking of HAIR...OMG!!! You are a redhead!!! Quite the boldness, I must say. I think it works on you...did you have to change your makeup?

Mrs. K said...

The nerve! Ha...I've killed about 10 in my house today. They swarm in when the door is open. Yuck!

Mrs. K said...

I can't wait until they're outta here! As far as the makeup goes, I'm pretty terrible about buying makeup. I hardly ever do so the makeup I have is stuff people have given me or bought for me. I've got lots of options...but I think I've only put makeup on once since I got my hair done. My poor husband.

Jenna Lou said...

Don't feel bad about the makeup thing. You know how much I Love makeup and I only put it on once in the past few weeks. I don;t see the point in wearing it for only myself all day. It's better for my skin anyway.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings