Friday, September 23, 2011

Bananas.

This week was bananas-

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Little man decided to go completely insane for a couple of days. Bless his heart. I think I was poisoning him with my coffee habit. Remember how I told you I had to cut back to decaf? It was terrible. But now, it's terrible awful because I can't even have that anymore. I had a hunch that the coffee was upsetting his tummy and it wasn't just the caffeine that was the culprit. I think I was right. When I quit drinking coffee and it got out of my system, he started complaining a little less, spitting up a little less, and smiling a little more! I hope these changes are here to stay for more than twenty four hours. Wish me luck.

On Saturday, my dad and step-mom came into town to visit Baby K. It was so nice to be able to spend a couple of days with them. Baby K has met all but one of his grandparents!

 

They graciously watched him for us while Captain J and I had a date night day. If we're facebook pals, you know that I checked into the local movie theatre with my love to finally see The Help. Since then, I've told Baby K - You is kind, you is smart, you is important- like every day. I love that book and the movie was pretty great, too! We had planned on going out to eat afterward, but we missed our sweet little boy so much that we just came on home.

"Pap" and "Ju-Ju" s visit just didn't last long enough and before we knew it, they were pulling out of the drive way.

And before I knew it, I was up to my head in laundry and homework again. On one particularly fussy day, I decided I'd drop one of my classes for next semester. If I'm barely getting my work done in one class, I'll never get anything done in two. So, go ahead and tack on another semester at least for me to graduate and people to call me Master. (Oh, people don't do that when you get your Master's degree?) Boo hoo.

Luckily, this little one is worth it.



He's great. He's really great. Have I said that recently? ;)

Anywho, I've been feeling creative lately. Unfortunately, I've had little to no time to create. But last week, I pinned two things on Pinterest that you might try to do, too...

 You've probably seen other people do this easy little craft, but in case you haven't I wanted to show you my version. I got the picture frame for 3 bucks at a thrift store. Next, you have to have a printer. Now, this is where it gets really difficult (insert facetiousness)....Type out your message, leave a little space for you to write, and then print! Voila! You have a sweet way to let your husband (or child) know how much they mean to you each day. Just use a dry erase marker to write on the glass of the frame and you've got yourself a craft. Woo hoo!

Then there's this purdy little necklace (Note: I didn't make this). It would be too easy to do for those of you who have access to jewelry making stuff. Here in back woods Louisiana, there's no such store. Ok, maybe there is but it's 45 minutes away and my last trip there was a bit of a nightmare so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Anyway, if you find yourself in Leesville, LA you could just stop by this cute little store and pick up one for yourself.

I'm going to go check up on all of you now. My google reader is getting out of control! #totalblogstalker here. Adios amigos.

2 comments:

Louise Barnes said...

Love, love, love your blogs and pictures. Miss you when you are too busy. Don't know how you do it....but you do. What a precious little boy you have. Time is fleeting; before you know it, you will be sending photos saying "Look at my son sitting up" and "Here's first tooth" and "He's walking"!!!!

Mrs. K said...

Thanks Louise! I know, it's going by so fast (most days!). Sometimes I just want a pause button!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings