Thursday, September 8, 2011

And A Vol Was Born

With Fall brings football and this makes for a very happy Mrs. K.


Adios, summer and your 100+ temps!


Let's play some football (and sip pumpkin spice lattes and play in a big pile of leaves)!


When I'm away from Neyland Stadium on game day, I always feel a little sad. Before the Army came into my life, I was at just about every home game. There's nothing like wandaring around campus with 100,000 other fans in a sea of orange. Tailgating with family and friends, listening to the band play Rocky Top, and watching the Vols throw around a football makes me happy inside. But as you know, the past few years I haven't been able to go to many games. For some reason, Captain J wouldn't let me fly from Alaska to Tennessee just to watch young men throw around a football. Although, I did make it to one game last year.


Anyway...


Here we are- Ft. Polk, LA. Hours and hours away from Knoxville, yet again.


We're still celebrating, though. And now a UT fan is born.



And boy does he get mad at the thought of the Vols losing.



Good thing he won't have to think much of that ;)



He was even sporting an orange diaper. Super fan in the making!


We were all settled in around the t.v. with our favorite vices-





Beer and Paci.


Oh my, how things have changed.


Good game, boys! We'll see ya next week. :)

4 comments:

Becca@ The Finish Line said...

I am dying of cuteness...I love him!! Yes...football season does take on a whole different meaning when the younglings join us :) Never knew what a Vol was before this post...still not entirely sure :) haha

Mrs. K said...

ha! Well, allow me to enlighten you: The Tennessee Vols (short for Volunteers) got their name back in the War of 1812 when Andrew Jackson gathered 1500 people to fight the Indians and the British. Later, in the Mexican War, it was estimated that 30,000 Tennesseans volunteered to fight in the battle of Santa Ana. This is why Tennessee is known as the Volunteer State :)

Alana (@mrs_alana_) said...

Not another Tennessee fan!! (Only kidding, I'm a Bama alum so I can't help myself).

Even in all that orange, I have to say he's pretty cute!

Mrs. K said...

I'll be cheering for the Rolltide today too, for sure. My hubby's family is from PA and they're always trying to convert us when they're in ;)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings