Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fitness Progress & Goals






Hey, fit friends. Tuesdays are the days I like to weigh in and track my fitness progress. KTJ created a bloggy wide 5K that we're all preparing for on June 1st. Are you doing it, too? Link up today and tell us how your goals are progressing.
button

As far as running goes, I'm doing well. You may remember that I made this my main fitness goal for May:
I haven't had a chance to go running today, but after my run yesterday I was up to 65 miles so far. It may not be that impressive to a lot of you, but as someone who really never enjoyed running this is incredible to me. I look forward to running now and I'm proud to be completely drenched in sweat by the end of a long run. Sure, I've done half marathons before but there's something about the atmosphere of a race that will give you the push to finish- it's something else entirely that gets you up off the couch every day to go for a run when no one is standing on the street cheering you on. In the last week, I have broken my 5K and 10K records for time:

Fastest 5K: 28:30
Fastest 10K: 1:08:29



I know, I know. It's not that fast but I'm still proud. Plus, I totally plan on crushing that 10K record by the months end.

Weight: Ehh, I've gained a pound since my last weigh-in. I think it's because I love food too much. Eating clean is delicious. It really is. But when my husband brings home cookie dough to make me happy who am I to not indulge? My problem is when I cheat, I cheat big. I suppose that pound gain could be gained in muscle, but either way I'm not too worried about it. I know this is a process. I would still like to lose 3 more pounds. I'm at:

123 lbs right now.

Progress/Definition: I'm trying to tone up and feel good about myself. I document my progress on Instagram using the hashtag- #mrskgetsfit I love posting photos there because it is encouraging for me to look back and see changes in my body in just a matter of weeks. I know it is motivation for other people, too. I'm seeing results with my stomach and am working toward defining my shoulders and back now. I'm not a fan of my backside but hopefully in a month or two I will start noticing that my hard work is paying off!

Overall: I'm happy to be an example to my boys that staying active is so important. I hope we have many years of playing outside, appreciating good health, and working at staying fit together. I'm so blessed that God has given me two legs with which to run wherever I please! How often I used to take that for granted.

 Anyone else doing 100 miles in May? How's it going for you?

12 comments:

Jen said...

You are doing and look fantastic! :) Congrats!

Jenn said...

Way to go!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Angi said...

You're looking amazing!!! Keep it up, you're going to hit your goal in no time at all. You're a constant inspiration! :)

Jen said...

Ugh, I'm only at 40 miles. :(

Fran said...

Way to go girl! You look amazing

Anonymous said...

You look amazing!! Keep up the good work!

Lisa C said...

You reminded me of Regina George. "I really want to lose three pounds." Not that I think you're like Regina because you're not.

Chantal said...

You look awesome! I love your motivation!! Once my stupid foot is healed, I'm going to get back to running. I miss it. I want to run one mile for each day of the month, and then maybe do the 100 miles in a month thing once I'm back up to speed.

Anonymous said...

I can't even fathom 100 miles, you.are.amazing! I'm finally getting myself on the elliptical every morning. Maybe someday I'll be able to try for a 100 mile goal.

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Wow! Go you! I need to do some sort of challenge like this.

Becca said...

Beautiful Momma, you are doing awesome! I am loving your healthy eating and food posts on Instagram, BTW. That is the biggest thing people struggle with in reaching their fitness goals (self included), and you know first hand that even switching out one meal a day to a "clean" one can help you reach those goals much quicker than exercise alone! You're doing awesome.

Unknown said...

Love your recap. 100 miles in May? Wow! I think if I was working as hard as I was in March, I could do it. Maybe I need something to challenge me to get back to work.
Laurie
Lulu and Daisy

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings