Thursday, May 30, 2013

He is a good man.

A large part of my role as a wife is to build my husband up. I'll admit, I'm not all that great at doing so. Over the weekend, I caught myself more than once questioning his intentions and voicing my annoyance out loud. For example, we were on vacation (and I use that term very lightly when traveling with small children) and we had planned on checking out of the house we were renting and driving back to Jacksonville. That morning, he decided he would go parasailing which would take multiple hours. That meant I would have both children in the car or in the sun or wherever I could find to take them and I was immediately frustrated that he wouldn't have thought of this inconvenience. I mean, I would have loved to go parasailing, too but we have children now that obviously can't partake in that activity. There are just sacrifices that have to be made. I was upset and questioned why he wasn't thinking of me when he decided to go. Instead of being frustrated, I should have probably just told him how I was feeling and then dropped it. I didn't want to ruin his good time...and I definitely didn't want him to think that his sacrifices for our family go unnoticed. They don't.
He is a good man.

He prays for us and with us daily. His prayers are heartfelt, detailed, and honest. He covers us in prayer for our health, happiness, and future. He desires these things for us; his words make it evident.
He goes to work to a job that is highly competitive and he spends his time with people who are unlike anyone he has spent the last ten years of his life working with. His transition from Army life to Civilian life has been seamless. He knows he is the provider of this family and he takes his role seriously. He is motivated and ambitious.
He joins me in hobbies I enjoy. Just yesterday, we went on another family run. He pushed me to finish strong by encouraging me to sprint the last half mile. The day before, I ran the fastest 5.5 miles I have ever done in my life and it was all because I was trying to keep up with him. When we got home, he hurried inside to fix me a water.
Little things like that mean so much to me and I just don't tell him enough. My husband is a good man- let me shout it from the rooftops!

8 comments:

Angi said...

Love this! Sometimes it's easy to forget all the things our wonderful husbands do for us as soon as a small (or big?) annoyance pops up. It's definitely best to choose to focus on all the GREAT things about them! You have a keeper, for sure :)

Chantal said...

So sweet. Sometimes you have to step back and think about how great they are, right? Through all the little annoyances and everything.

Whitney M. said...

Such a great reminder!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I often feel this way about my husband. It's easier to nag at and pick at what he's doing wrong than focus on what's most important, which is all that he's doing right...which is so much more important.

Anonymous said...

I love this! I'm always trying to correct the way I speak to and about my husband. I give him a hard time, but like you said I want to build him up. This post is a great reminder!

Lisa C said...

Good post. I shouldn't need to but have to remind myself of all the hard work he does for us. So he didn't do the dishes, he just worked 60 hours this week, instead. Def need to focus on building each other up more.

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Great post! I've been trying to make a better effort at not nagging as much and letting my husband know he appreciated for the things that he does for our family.

Becca said...

I love when you talk about how he prays for you guys. It's really sweet :) I don't think there is anything more powerful than that image.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings