Monday, May 13, 2013

I need a few minutes




I'm done. The semester is over and I'm hoping to start breathing at a steady pace again. I have been incredibly stressed trying to balance motherhood, grad school and changing my lifestyle to a healthier one.
Yesterday was Mother's Day. The boys are sick so we couldn't go to church. J and I both had a whole host of busy work due for our graduate programs and there was only time for wiping snotty noses and perusing through research articles, pretending to read and understand them while small children scream neediness in our ears. While everyone was posting photos with their own mothers or children, we were doing the doggy paddle just trying to stay above water. Yesterday wasn't fun. I kept thinking, "All I want is to go out by myself for a few minutes" but that's a pipe dream these days. I feel bad for even admitting I need time to myself.
The day wasn't all bad, though. In between toddler tantrums and baby coughing fits, there was my husband who was trying to make the best of my second Mother's Day. He gave me a card, cleaned the kitchen, asked me to go take a nap (which of course is impossible here), and then later fixed me a delicious meal.
I'm lucky to have him.


Now, if you'll excuse me, Cray K wants a "badeeta" (banana) and I have to get this house in working order again. I'm glad to be back to blogging.
Love,

6 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for the semester being over! Enjoy the time off.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting a break from school. And don't feel bad, even mommy's need some time away!

Chantal said...

I'm glad it's over. Celebrate next weekend!

Jenn said...

Awww... well maybe you can get some time to yourself this week.

Angie said...

Congratulations on finishing the semester! I am sure it is such a relief to have that behind you. I hope you are able to find a few moments of peace this week.

Paige said...

Congrats on the end of your semester! I hope your little ones are feeling better now!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings