Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Long Weekend



We've had a lot of great Memorial Day weekends and this past one was another for the books! I figure I'd better blog about it before I forget what all we did. This should probably be in a numbered format, too. My to do list is too long for a well worded post. You understand.

1. My cousin got married in beautiful Siesta Key! She was lovely (as always) and I wish them the very best marriage has to offer. Please join me in prayer for Micah and Jordan as they start their lives together. I'm oh-so-happy for the two of them.
Photo by Andie Whisman

2. I got to see my family briefly and that, my friends, is good for my soul. It had been over half of Baby A's life since I laid eyes on them so it was good to soak up the less than forty eight hours of family time with some of the coolest people in all the land.
3. Pool time. Baby A had his first pool experience. He loved it. Snoozing and floating is the life!

4. My sister and her husband came up to Jacksonville after we left Sarasota and were able to hang out for awhile longer. On Sunday, we drove to our nation's oldest city to explore. J and I go to St. Augustine quite a bit, but we had never walked around the town on foot. It was nice to see all the old buildings. It's a lovely place!




5. Monday was Memorial Day. We always try to make it a happy day despite the somber thoughts that flood my veteran's head. It must be surreal to have served next to fellas who didn't make it back from deployments. In an effort to recognize how grateful I am that Captain J did come back, I always hold that day to high expectations. Honestly when I do that, I'm usually disappointed...but this time, I was not. We had the most pleasant evening we have had in a long, long time. We packed up the boys and headed off to a picnic at a new beach. Y'all...it was so perfect. No one was there. There were a few people around at first, but they quickly left and we had the whole beach to ourselves. I've never seen a beach like that in Florida. I loved it! We ate food from Zoe's Kitchen and watched our boys play happily. It was so laid back and I didn't have to hurry off to the car to feed Baby A because I could just nurse him right there on the coast without having to worry about the cover blowing up or blowing in his face. Relaxing times do not come often in our family, as you can imagine, so this one was cherished.










I hope your weekend was equally as awesome.

XOXO,

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This all looks so lovely! I am glad you had such good times making priceless memories. :) ♥

Jen said...

Wow that wedding looks amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend! And um, you look GREAT!

Louise Burnette Barnes said...

love love love your posts and photos. Kacy, you look so happy and fit and all that jazz!

Jenn said...

Wow that second to last photo is GORGEOUS. Makes me wanna go to the beach right now!

I'm so glad y'all had such a wonderful Memorial Day. It sounded like it was amazing!

Chantal said...

I would LOVE to go to St Augustine. Looks so cool!

Kathryn B said...

AHHHHH you were SOOO close to me yet again! One day we will have to meet up when you come down this way! I'm glad you had such a great weekend! I have always wanted to visit St. Augustine. Glad your Memorial Day was relaxing!

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

The wedding looks gorgeous! And St. Augustine! I'd love to visit the fort there. And the beach! You guys hit a home run this weekend!

Fran said...

The wedding looks gorgeous! And is that your sister? You two look so much alike!

Rhe Christine said...

Memorial Day on the beach sounds so heavenly...but seriously, it was the bush/Reagan tank that made this post for me :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings