Monday, April 8, 2013

Color Me Rad

I live for the weekends and this one was no different. Friday night my childhood bestie arrived on my doorstep. I honestly don't remember the last time I saw her. I think it was back in 2009 just before I moved to Alaska. She happened to be in town for my going away party. Anyway, it had been awhile, but we picked right back up where we left off. I was so happy to reminisce with her and also hear all about her life at the beach. I'm thrilled that we live so close to each other again.
The reason for her visit was so that we could get all crazy at Color Me Rad!





After an absolutely awful nights sleep, we finally managed to leave the house around 7:15 on Saturday morning. Baby A had kept me up all night. I guess he's teething. Anyway, our destination was not very far away but a wreck caused us to arrive at the field at 8:12 with a running time start of 8:15am. There was no stretching- we just went straight to the starting line. 
As usual, the race was difficult to run just because there were so many people. Aside from the slow start, we had such a good time. The trail took us up and down a football stadium which was news to me. I mistakenly thought about where we'd be running and was happy because Florida is so flat. I didn't take into account the creativity of those designing the race! Oh, but I felt good on this race. It was so laid back. It was easy to run. And, hello, girl time!

As we crossed the finish line, I began looking around for my husband and sweet boys. When Captain J was deployed, I ran a half marathon, a 10K, and several 5K races in that year. Each time my feet hit the pavement, stepping over the finish line, I was overcome with a bit of sadness. Everyone else was running into the arms of their significant others. They were laughing, happy, and taking photos. They were getting congratulatory kisses. I was fighting back tears. I always wanted my soldier to be standing there waiting on me. For the first time ever, he was there to give me a hug. It was such a happy day.

I was also running in spirit with my mom and step-mom who did the same race in Knoxville, Tennessee!


Did you do anything fun this weekend?


Linked up here:

20 comments:

Karen said...

You totally made me tear up - I'm so glad that J was able to be at the finish line waiting for you this time. I totally want to do that run, but we move before the ones out here and there isn't one in the place we are moving to :( maybe next year lol.

Jen said...

This is so awesome! I'm so glad that J was there to watch to cross the finish line. :)

Angie said...

I have seen many people run that, and I wish I had done it when it was here. I guess there is always next year. It is great that you had someone waiting for you at the finish line this year!

Lisa C said...

Looks like so much fun!

Angi said...

Ah this looks so fun!!! I have friends that live in Oklahoma that do the Color Run every year, I'm so upset we don't have them in my town...haha. SOMEDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

There was a Color Run in my hometown over Spring Break. The course ran between two downtown parks... Unfortunately for me, they decided to make part of the course my street without telling anyone in the neighborhood! It took me 15 minutes to get out of my driveway (the police officer had to stop the runners)

Kathryn B said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could run that much or far. Maybe it's something I will look into doing. Glad you had a great weekend!

ines said...

that looks like so much fun. I want to do something like that when i actually get the courage to do one of those. glad J was there at the finish line :)

Chantal said...

I want to run one of those!

Merchon said...

Looks awesome! Glad you could enjoy this finish line too! Congrats.

20somethingbusinesswoman.com

Carissa said...

That sounds like so much fun! One of those races is on my list to run one day. I'm glad J was there at the finish line this time for you! What a sweet moment.

KTJ said...

That looks so fun! You look awesome! I bet you'll be multicolored for a little bit! Awesome job finishing!

Jenn said...

Gah! I've been checking your blog all kinds of stalker-like waiting to hear the story behind that photo of you and your captain. ;) That is so sweet. I felt the exact same way after that 5k in March. Bleh. Oh well. He hasn't had time to work out over there so apparently I am gonna smoke him when he gets home AND he pushes the stroller. Sucka! So glad you had fun!!!

JG said...

So fun! looks like the perfect girl time event!

Unknown said...

What a fun run! The Color run here was the weekend before my 10K, so I couldn't do it. I will have to check it out for next year.
Congratulations!
Laurie
Lulu and Daisy

Susannah said...

How fun! I want to do the Color Run so bad! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad your man was there to greet you at the end.

Fran said...

aw sounds like you had so much fun!

Unknown said...

This looks like **so much** fun! Way to go!! You had me tearing up too...I know that feeling all too well.

Blessings,
Kristine ♥

AlanaMarie said...

This is so cool! I am totally going to look up a color race when we are in California. THey are doing a mud run here soon, but I am going to be out of town. I love your pictures it looks so fun!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings