Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Running and Losing!

I haven't exercised with weights a lot this week, but I have gone on a few runs. My first 5K in a very long time is this weekend. Last time I ran a 5K, I won second place in the Deridder Halloween Hustle. I was two months postpartum with Cray K (no matter there were only three people in that age group)
(This photo describes Cray K's babyhood to a T. Mad always.) 
Halloween Hustle 5K 2011

Anyway, I hope the photos taken from Color Me Rad this weekend are half as awesome as the ones we took on the Halloween run. I'm excited. I haven't done much in the ways of preparing to run 3ish miles, but I've gone on short runs a couple times lately. Yesterday was a good run. I didn't get to track it because my phone was dead, but I used my Polar watch to track my heart rate, calories burned, and time. I ran over 3 miles in 38 minutes (and that included a stop at the grocery store).
I deemed this new workout "The Supermarket Sweep". I ran to the store, purchased a spice we needed for dinner, and then ran back home. I felt good about myself after I got home. I accomplished the task faster than I thought and I felt as if I was pushing myself the majority of the time.
I'll be doing that one again, for sure. I've been trying to get creative with working out since I usually don't get to plan my workouts. I have to fit them in when and where I can. Next time I take the boys to the playground, I'm going to try a workout there on the monkey bars.

I also have good news to report! I have been feeling so much better. I mentioned that I haven't been feeling all that well, but the last few days have been much better and my body is finally starting to let go of some more weight. I'm down to...

126lbs!

Only six pounds away from my goal. 

Too bad I'm celebrating with Starbucks. I had a rough morning with my two crazies. K had a gym class and he didn't want to do anything. He was shy and scared of everything until, of course, it was time to leave and he suddenly was having the time of his life. Meanwhile, Baby A is very angry about being in his car seat the entire class time and his diaper decided to leak everywhere as I was walking out the door with him. The ride home was oh! so! fun! When I pulled into the drive-thru at Starbucks, the lady couldn't even hear my order due to all the chaos coming from the backseat. I like to think she understood why I needed that coffee something fierce and had to stop the car for it. We were out of creamer this morning and what's coffee without a ton of sweet stuff?

I saw this on IG yesterday and decided I'd give it a go-
Will you be participating? My legs are shaking just thinking about more than a minute in a wall sit. Yuck!

Linking up here:
button

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I may have to try the wall sit challenge. I'm terrible at those, though. I will do them for about 10 days and then I forget about it. Worth a try, though!
Laurie
Lulu and Daisy

Mrs. Duh said...

You are doing awesome on your fitness journey!! Keep up the good work!

ines said...

that's so awesome! you are doing a great job!

Jen said...

You are doing so amazing! :) Good luck with the 5k!

Becca said...

Ooh ill do this wall sit thing!! Can you drink beer while your wall sitting? :)

Kace said...

Oh, I can never follow through with a whole month either. I forget after about 10. I'm going to try, though! Thanks for stopping by.

Chantal said...

Blech wall sits. I should do it!

KTJ said...

That is so exciting that you are doing Color me Rad! I can't wait to see your pics. I hope you have so much fun!

Angie said...

Bless your heart, I feel your pain. I have MANY of those crazy mornings with my little ones!

Jenn said...

Can't wait to hear how your run goes this weekend and glad you are feeling better! I wish our store was "runnable", I live only a mile from Target but to get there by foot requires death-defying means!

Anonymous said...

All off days are easily cured with Starbucks!

You are definitely my motivator for after this baby.

Madalyn said...

I love Starbucks. My husband thinks it's a racket, but nothing beats a soy latte.

I will try out the wall sit month exercises and see how it goes. I am cringing at the 5 minute mark.

Visiting from KTJ and am a new follower!

Madalyn

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings