Friday, April 12, 2013

Can't you see that it's just raining?

I don't know what it's like where you are, but here- it's rainy. I like a good rainy day so long as everyone participates in nap time. It's good for my soul. I used to love to curl up with a good book on a rainy day and drift in and out of sleep in the afternoon. Of course, that's no longer an option now that we have children. Now our rainy days look like this (and that's really great, too).

We like to enjoy some Banana pancakes...but not the ones that everyone is making these days from Pinterest. No, no. These could never be considered healthy- not in a million years.
Years ago, my husband heard Jack Johnson singing about a morning quite like this one and he was inspired to create a delicious morning treat. He's quite the cook. Don't get too excited. I asked him to share his recipe and he said it's his secret.

Can't you see that it's just raining? 

Ain't no need to go outside...

...Maybe we can sleep in
make you banana pancakes
pretend like it's the weekend now...
And we could pretend it all the time."


Our banana pancake mornings look a lot different now. I often miss the rainy Fairbanks summer days when it was just me and my lover. But this? This is good, too.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

I agree that rainy summer days are amazing. I love the smell of them.

Also, here, it's cold. Very very cold. Probably 12* right now at 6:41am.

Anonymous said...

Love Jack Johnson! It's raining here too. And umm I love your yard!

Ms. Nix said...

What a perfect way to "celebrate" a rainy day. :) Try to convince your man to share that recipe!

Jen said...

I love rainy summer days, they are awesome.

Anonymous said...

He wouldn't share? Shoot! That sounds like a great way to spend a rainy day.

ines said...

I miss rainy days.

Jenn said...

those look so yummy!

Karen said...

I so want banana pancakes now!!

Kathryn B said...

Oh my goodness!!!! That Jack Johnson song is my husband and I's song! I love that song!!!!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings