Monday, April 1, 2013

The Happiest Moment


It wasn't very crowded that day. You wiggled your toes in the sand, looking down at your feet. SPF 60 sunscreen streaked your face and you squinted your eyes in the bright March sun. The wind was whipping around your small frame and you were delighted to feel its magic. What is wind? Where does it come from? Why can't I see it?
Look, Mom! An airplane!
You chased the airplane all along the beach. I ran after you with a goofy smile on my face and I've never been happier than I was in that fleeting moment. I caught up to you, scooped you in my arms, and kissed the salt water off your face. We walked back hand in hand until you broke free to chase another flying object- a kite this time.
Watching you learn and play and explore is my very favorite pastime. I have a beautiful life here at home with you and your brother. I want to gather up those few minutes we had alone together at the beach and put them in my pocket.

Love you forever,
Mama

10 comments:

Chantal said...

So sweet! What great memories.

Anonymous said...

awwwee such good memories!

Jen said...

Wonderful memories you are creating. :)

Irfan said...

Such a lovely post..

ines said...

what a sweet post :)

Angie said...

Just beautiful!
There are moments when you really just want them to last forever

Jamie said...

So sweet.

Fran said...

awe so sweet!

AlanaMarie said...

Awww <3

Jenn said...

super cute!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings