Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy

I'm sipping my *ahem third cup of coffee of the day while both boys nap in a clean house. In my defense, I didn't finish the second cup. That cancels the whole thing out, right? Credit the coffee or credit God or credit Moms On Call or perhaps all three? But this girl has had a great day! It didn't start off very well. Baby A was up before six hooting like an owl and asking (I assume) to be fed. I thought he might take his cute self back to sleep as per usual in the mornings, but alas that did not happen and Captain J's alarm was sounding before I knew it. He was ready to start the day and was trying to coax me from the covers with promises of coffee and a quick bible study as we usually do in the mornings. I was a bit cranky (from the hooting) already, but when he added, "Get out of bed, bubble butt" that did it for me. I mean, really? He was confused as I told him what I thought of that and he said he thought being a bubble butt was a "good" thing. Men, in general, are not the brightest crayons in the box.
Anyway, the day has panned out much better than it started and for that I'm thankful.
A former blogger turned real life friend suggested this book to all her IG followers and after a trying day with the kiddos, I messaged her to send me the info on the book, Moms On Call. I just downloaded it yesterday and I'm already almost done with it. It has a lot of tips on how to deal with your angelic toddler and also schedules for toddlers and babies in the same family. I started attempting to implement the suggestions today in dealing with my little Cray K and I'm pleased to report that I feel so much happier. Sometimes it's hard for me to say that I was the mom I wanted to be today, but today (so far...let's not jinx ourselves) I have been. I don't want to yell and be frustrated. That's not the way I was brought up and I don't want K or A to think that's the way things go around here yet lately I have been that mom at the grocery store with the crazy look in her eye, the one who might just snap and sit down in the middle of the cookie aisle and go to town while her children roam free breaking jars, denting cans, and knocking over all the apples. Not that I've thought about it.
Today though..I feel much saner. More sane? Oh, who cares. I'm-
...and the house is clean
...and my childhood bestie is coming over soon
....and we're going to win the color run
and it shall be lots of fun.

Happy Weekend, my friends.

8 comments:

Jen said...

My husband thinks having (being?) a bubble butt is a good thing too. Weird.

I'll have to check out that book, my toddler is quite willful.

Jen said...

So glad you are feeling better! :)

Chantal said...

I'm going to have to check out that book!

Becca said...

Oh yay!!! You guys will do awesome - Can't wait to hear about it & see those pics :)

Lisa C said...

I won't judge your coffee drinking if you don't judge my Dr. Pepper drinking :)

Angie said...

I will have to check out that book. My toddler is very stubborn.

JG said...

I consider a second cup of coffee an emergency supply, so no judgment here! ;)

Jenn said...

That book series is pretty darn good!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings