Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Glaringly Obvious

Is corn and tater tots an acceptable meal?
Wait, don't answer that. That's what I just finished shoveling down and that's what I just fed my kids, too. Some days are like these. I rush and rush, going to doctor appointments, calling other doctors, trying to get paperwork for the chance at some answers. It feels like that's all I do now. I've barely left the house unless I'm headed off to an appointment of some sort. 
It's like I've asked and asked God what my purpose is here on this earth and He has answered me. You are this. You are that. Most importantly, you are "Mom".
My boys have been sick off and on for weeks. Just today, we discovered Baby A has an ear infection while he was going in for his routine checkup. I didn't notice. He's a happy kid usually so it just wasn't evident. No fever, nothing. It makes me wonder how many I have missed and if that has been the cause of his hearing loss. I can find guilt in every nook and cranny of my brain, wondering if I had done this or hadn't done that if things would be different.
Amidst the wiping of little noses and the cuddling of fever-ridden littles, I feel my purpose overwhelmingly, glaringly obvious. I make a difference in these lives. My hands are not idle. I'm working. I'm working diligently.

That's more than enough.

9 comments:

Lisa C said...

You have nothing to feel guilty about. I would eat chicken nuggets, corn, and tater tots every day if I could. And pizza.

Jen said...

You have no reason to feel guilty at all!

Jen said...

Don't feel guilty mama! You're doing amazing. It's hard when your kids don't show signs of being sick, my son had ear infections too and I never knew about them until his checkups bc he never got a fever or complained.

Jenn said...

Pinterest quote alert! "Children are not a distraction from more important work.They ARE the most important work." I try to let that rattle around in my head when I feel like, "UGH YOU LITTLE PEOPLE. Back up so I can mop!" Mom guilt is a special brand of guilt, and I think that it really helps us to be better mothers overall! And corn and tater tots? Two veggies in one meal? You overachiever, you! My kids haven't had a proper dinner since we ordered pizza the other night. And the fact that I'm considering pizza a proper dinner should provoke more mom guilt in me than it actually does. ;) You're doing great, and I wish I lived closer to come give you a break!

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

No reason what so ever to feel guilty. You are an awesome mommy!! You do what you can and that's all you can do. :)

Kathryn B said...

Awww poor little guy! Don't feel guilty about the ear infections, both of my kids don't show the normal symptoms of ear infections either. I can't tell you how many I probably missed. :( You are doing a great job!And yes corn and tater tots is a perfectly acceptable meal. You wouldn't want to know some of the meals I have created when I've been home alone with the kids. :)

Angie said...

I think it's just our genetic makeup as women to feel guilty but we shouldn't. We are mom's and that is a hard job. There is no right or wrong, we can only do what we feel is the best~

Anonymous said...

Don't feel guilty! It's obvious to me that you're a great mom.

Unknown said...

Oh I know how you feel about feeling guilty. I beat myself up all the time. Could I have prevented baby z's heart issue? What I'd I did this or that... It will eat you alive. I learned somethings just happen no matter what you do. How can a crack head junkie have a healthy prefect baby and here I am shovelling organic prenatels vitamins down my mouth three times a day and my baby is very ill. Can't changed the past so be strong now. My doctors told me that I HAD to be strong from him. He needed me the most now and I couldn't be weak. Changed the way I thought about life. Sorry didn't mean to write you a novel. Try to relax mommy it will be okay.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings