Thursday, January 28, 2010

Adios Hotel, Hello Home

One would think that the moving process would be bittersweet. Shouldn't I reflect back on first walking through the door of our Home Sweet Hotel? Ehh, perhaps that will come later. In this moment, I feel like dancin' a jig!


I've been packing up today and lemme tell ya...I've noticed a few items of J's that I wouldn't lose sleep over if they broke during the big move :) For example:



Good grief. I don't even know what that thing is! Haha. I think J's brother Jesse got it for him on one of his many traveling adventures. (No offense Jess) I guess I just don't see the beauty of it! :)


We are headed over to the new place tonight to get the keys. I'm so happy to be leaving this apartment. It's a nice feeling to have our own furniture now. Purchasing pieces of furniture that we will have for many years to come is exciting. Who knows what bends and curves our lives will take with this new furniture? Who knows the places it will go? With the army involved, my bet is that it really gets around!


I rest well at night knowing I will only have to look at this a few more times ( if I could be so lucky) in my entire life:



Ahh, the "rug on a stick." This was the very first decorative item I attempted to take down when I first moved us into the hotel suite. Cheap decorating tips at their finest. It's truly hideous. Adios, rug on a stick!


Hello, home.

4 comments:

teacherthompsoneslspace said...

Congratulations for your wedding. You look fantastic. I think you are living in a beautiful, blessed place.

Dave Weigle said...

Kacy - I'm continually amazed by your writing! Not only is it well written and interesting, it reveals the intelligent, well educated, loving, fun, Christian within such a beautiful woman. Our son is a lucky man and we're truly blessed to have you in our family! Dad-In-Law

Kim said...

You are too funny, Kace!

A snow report (with too many adjectives) « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] too much. Last year, I just slept a lot and it was glorious. We were living in town at the time (remember that awful place?) so I was close to Nicole. I slept a lot– then when I woke up I went to her house to do [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings