Tuesday, January 5, 2010

You can call me....

...Mrs.K!  Captain J and I got married yesterday!  Sometimes when you're dealing with the military, it's difficult to accomplish goals on your own time schedule. We wanted to have a short engagement and we really wanted to get married so we went ahead and tied the knot. The ceremony was just for the two of us, but we will be having another ceremony in about a year when we move back closer to home. We are incredibly happy that we did it this way, although we missed having our families there. We knew this was best for us. I wouldn't change a thing! My sister and my mother were so helpful in throwing this together for me and helping me get ready. They made it so much more special for us and I am forever grateful. Mom bought me a lovely dress and Paige put together a beautiful bouquet that I loved! My aunt and mother-in-law also let me borrow some items for the big day, too so it was nice to have family close by in spirit.

After we got married, we spent the night in a spacious A-frame log cabin up in the Smoky Mountains. It was romantic sitting out on the porch in the hot tub watching the snow fall. It was sort of like when he proposed (only 30 or 40 degrees warmer). We are really going to miss Tennessee. I can't describe how it feels to be married to Jordan. I've never been happier. It makes traveling back to Alaska much easier knowing that  I have my husband, my family with me.

3 comments:

studentrntiffany said...

Huge congrats!!

Jenn said...

you look so pretty!

(Mil)ing it Over: Wedding Edition « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] As, promised in the video, here are some pictures from our special day along with a blog post describing it- You Can Call Me…  [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings