Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Missing him

I miss my husband. It's forty below zero outside and he's at Ft. Wainwright sleeping in a tent. He's always training, always working on something new.  I feel pretty bad about complaining about camping in twenty degree weather now!

I really miss him and I know how ridiculous that sounds at this point because I was without him for a whole year. What would one night matter? It does, though. His absence in our room is palpable. He should be beside me...keeping me warm. Tonight is just a reminder for me that he won't always get to be here with me. I dread another deployment. It will rear it's ugly head eventually, but I know we'll be ready and we already know we can handle it.

I am attempting a new hobby. Nicole ( my side-kick up here) and I decided we needed to do something productive so we are taking up knitting. I've already started working on a scarf because I figured that would be the easiest to do and it would come in handy here! Wish me luck. I'll post my progress as my first scarf comes along.

I didn't do much today, but I had such a good day. It feels amazing to wake up and remember all over again that Jordan will be in my life now and forever. As we try to get back into the swing of things, I've been trying to wake up with him in the mornings, whereas I normally would sleep as much as I could until the sun came up around 11. Terrible, I know. Anyway, it has really helped with my insomnia. Surprise, surprise. I enjoy getting an early start to the day. It's nice to wake up, fix breakfast, and eat with him before he goes off to work. It's my favorite part of the day...until he gets home in the evenings, that is! I'm having the time of my life playing house and stay at home wife :)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings