Thursday, January 21, 2010

Army Wife

Yesterday, we finally got me all signed up. It's official- I'm an army wife. How strange to be able to say that! I never expected that to be the path my life would take. Of course, after I met Jordan I hoped it would. What does it mean, though?

Some people avoid calling themselves an Army Wife. This is probably because others don't classify themselves as a doctor's wife or a carpenter's wife, etc. I don't mind, though because I know that's not ALL I am. I am many other things as well as being Jordan's wife. I'm proud of him, though so I don't shy away from the term.

I'm in the system now. It's already proved so much more convienient. I can get on post now without a hassel which is amazing. My photo on the ID is revolting, though! I've never seen a good military ID picture so I really wasn't surprised, but my goodness...I looked like I put on about 50 pounds over night!

I changed my name, too on all the most important legal documents. NO ONE has pronounced my name correctly yet (with the exception of people close to me). It's Weigle (Why-Gull), people. Got it? hehe :)

I've been cooking more lately. Honestly, I think it's because I like wearing the new apron my sister got me for my birthday! I just look so darn cute in it. (Thanks, Paige!) Tonight I'm attempting to make pull pork. The problem is- I am missing two ingredients so I improvised. It might be terrible, but we'll see. Updates to come. (Just ignore the lack of makeup in this pic!)

7 comments:

Debra said...

Welcome to the military wife family!

Emma Daniels said...

Congratulations :)

momof2wifeto1 said...

Congrats on getting all that taken care of, when my husband and I did that it seemed to have taken the entire day! but yes it is so much easier once you have your I.D. I dont even use my drivers license anymore anywhere I go i just use my spouse or dependent I.D. Pulled pork sounds good, I've never tried making that, theres a first for all recipes though! Congrats again and have a great day!

VJayC said...

I agree on the military ID. When I got mine a few months ago I thought ewwww lol. It's okay though. I was happy to be in the system too. Since I got my I.D. I've only been on post twice since he's been gone. I just haven't found it in me to set food on post yet. Pulled pork sounds delicious. How did it come out when you were done with it. I cooked my first meal too it was a bunch of chicken thighs but i roasted them nomnom yummy =) Anyways I might be late and wrong witht his comment but congrats on getting all that stuff done.

K. Kirscht said...

Aww Congrats! I completely can relate, no one can pronounce my husband's and I's last name. It's Kirscht like "kier-shht."

samanthadomianus said...

That's wonderful, I'm looking forward to "being in the system". Also, my fiances last name is Domaianus (doe-me-ah-nuss). A huge pain :-p

Dusti Overman said...

Oh Congrats! I loved reading your article :) and Congrats on the baby bump also!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings