Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Knitting and Cabin Update

It's another lazy day for me. I could get used to this! I have some household chores that I definitely should get to, but I will after I write this. I've been knitting today. It's a fun new hobby for me. I just pick it up when I turn on the t.v. I don't watch much television, though so who knows if I'll ever finish the scarf. The first part of the scarf is loosely done, but it get's progressively better as I go along. Here's a picture of my progress thus far:


In other news, we've been aproved for the cabin! We are going to the realator's office tomorrow to sign the lease and we are thrilled about it. It's difficult to keep this small space (that we live in now) tidy because we really have outgrown it. It's mostly all his army stuff that is difficult to organize. They issue so much stuff to him because of the cold climate here and he rarely uses any of it so it gets stuffed in closets and pelican cases all over the apartment and it all adds up. I'm looking forward to having a little more space. The cabin has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a hottub, washer and dryer, fireplace, dishwasher, and a neat layout. Here's a picture of the outside:


I look forward to sitting by the fire and reading a good book. I can't wait to have a glass of wine while I sit in the hottub and look out into the Alaskan wilderness. It truly is goregeous here. I know a lot of my readers are from the military forum I'm a part of so I just want to say being stationed in Alaska isn't the worst duty station you could get! It can be difficult with the extreme cold, but the beauty makes up for it tenfold!

1 comments:

Laura Weigle said...

This is adorable! I hope we can visit this summer. Maybe Aunt Susie and Uncle Bill will come with us.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings