Friday, January 8, 2010

Back in Alaska

As we flew back into The Last Frontier, I began wondering how it was possible for someone to have the view that we had and not believe in some higher power. The mountain range was majestic. I've flown into Anchorage before, but never in the winter when it was still light outside. The water was a sheet of ice with frozen craters all over it. Jordan said it reminded him of the surface of the moon. It was pretty incredible!

 


 


Anyway, here we are back in the great state of Alaska. At least the weather held up for us and seems to be slowly easing us back into arctic temps. I'm glad the traveling part is over and I'm thrilled to not be living out of a suitcase anymore, however, leaving family was just as hard this time as it was the last. Does it ever get easier? I hope not. It's a reminder how much they mean to me. I really really miss them.

5 comments:

Joe said...

We miss you too Kace and love you very much, but i'm also very happy for you. Remember it's allways an adventure, it goes by very quickly, so enjoy it and make the most of it. Enjoy where you are and what you're doing and who you're with. Do and see things that you may never have the chance to do again. We love you and we'll always be here. Have fun!

kacysue said...

Great advice. It helps to know you all support Jordan and me. Love you!

Kim said...

Kace--I think it was harder on me this time for some reason but knowing you are happy and are starting this new chapter in your life is very exciting. We are proud of you and love you very much. Mom

Taryn W. said...

I stopped over to your blog for a quick visit & now I'm super interested. How long have you lived in Alaska?

kacysue said...

I've lived here since August 2009. Jordan moved up in 2008, but was deployed for a lot of that time. I'm glad you stopped by!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings