Monday, January 25, 2010

Mrs. Frowny Face

<----Yep, that's me today. Mrs. Frowny face. You see, it's 7:40 A.M. and I'm awake with nothing to do. One of my favorite parts of the day is waking up early so that I can make J breakfast and spend that hour in between PT and going to work with him. Unfortunately, after I had already made a breakfast casserole for us, he calls saying he won't be able to make it in today. Poor Jordan. He works so hard. (I ate without him and I must say, it was pretty tasty!)

The pull pork I made the other day turned out pretty well, too. It was very easy. I just got a packet of dry pull pork mix, then poured apple cider, and catsup together in a bowl and mixed it all up. Then I poured it over the pork in a crock pot and 6-7 hours later...VOILA! Gotta love crock pots.

Despite my frowny face, I'm actually in good spirits today. J and I had a wonderful weekend, although we really didn't do much. Friday night, we went out to eat at Gallo's, an excellent Mexican restaurant here in town. It's nice to have date night with my hubby and still be able to talk nonstop and find out more about each other. I'm so lucky :) As we were walking out the door, a friend stopped me to say hello. That was cool because I feel like I know no one here so it's nice to be reminded that I have and am making more friends!

On Saturday, we were incredibly lazy for most of the day. I woke up early and prepared sausage, eggs, and buiscuts for us and then after we ate we fell asleep on the couch again. I'm embarrassed to say for how long. When we woke up, we did some furniture shopping and then bought some groceries for game night at a friend's place. An intense game of Taboo broke out: girls versus guys. The guys always seem to win by a couple points, but this time it was the females who prevailed! Hooray! We then went into town for some bowling action. 2nd place...not too shabby! When we pulled back into the apartment parking lot, we could see the aurora borealis. It appeared as a huge green streak across the sky. It was the best display of the Northern Lights that I've seen to date. Hopefully when we move I'll see it more often as we'll be further away from the city.

Sunday we woke up and went to church. The original pastor was back from vacation in Hawaii. He was so tan and was freely rubbing it in where he had been all throughout the service. I was trying my darndest to not be jealous during church! Instead I tried to focus on the message he was bringing. I really enjoyed the service; it seemed to be a catalyst, inviting me to read more on the subject. So, I did (See Devotional blog http://kacysbibleblog.wordpress.com ) Anyway, we left church and grabbed two comfy chairs by the fire at Barnes and Noble. This is one of our favorite, cheap activities. We also bought some coffee and a light snack before we snuggled in the big chairs and started reading. My day can pass so quickly doing this.

There was a lot of discussion yesterday when we returned home about our purposes. We've been thinking a lot about an organization/missionary type project we want to start in a couple of years. It's in the very early stages of planning. We are actually still brainstorming, but of course, we want to make sure it's God's plan for our lives...not our own. I just would like to ask for your prayers regarding this project. Thanks!

I have a smile on my face now just thinking about yesterday. It was a great day. Later on, Jordan decided to start up his jeep and get it running for the first time this winter so that we could go riding around in it. It's pretty warm in Fairbanks right now (about 4 degrees!). He had to let it run for a few minutes so I signed on to skype to see if anyone was online. I got to have a skype conversation for about 20 minutes with my dad and family. It was so good to see everyone. Skype= one of the greatest inventions ever.
Partially consumed breakfast treat!

2 comments:

Laura Weigle said...

Hello dear girl, love reading your blog, makes me feel like you guys aren't so very far away. Don't you love lazy weekends, David and I live for them! We get so excited Friday night with all the possibilities. Love that your enjoying your church so much and the messages speaks to your heart. Thats what I love about Morrisonhill and Dennis, he usually always challenges me to grow deeper. I heard a really interesting thing the other day when I was exercising on my ellipitical and watching Cnn. A Haitian women was talking about being buried on her knees for 5 days in the rubble. The reporter who was interviewing her kept asking her how she made it thru. She kept answering, "My Faith", finally she said " I read my bible every day so when I was trapped I would speak out a psalms and it would give me the strength to hold on, there were others buried with me and it gave them strength too" God has a plan for all are lives to use us to his glory, But we have to do the work too by getting to know him( I struggle with this) thru his word, prayer and meditation on his word. Love you guys , hope you don't mind me going on and on. Talk with you soon. We will try to keep skype up on Sunday so we can talk with you guys. David thinks we will come to Ankorage in June , so tell Jordan to start looking for that cabin he was telling us about. Maybe we can arrange to fly out of Fairbanks so that we can see your place, I really want to see it. Love Ya Laura

kacysue said...

Very cool story. It's always nice to hear stories of faith! I'm glad you two are planning on coming for a visit. Exciting! I'll tell Jordan. Love ya.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings