Monday, January 11, 2010

A quaint cabin

With any luck, the days of hand washing dishes and having to walk outside in below zero temps to do laundry are over! Jordan and I have been shopping around for a cabin to rent. We are ready to be out of this apartment although, it has been good to us. We've saved money by staying here, but now that we're married we can afford something that is a little more what we had in mind. We found a three bedroom cabin with a hot tub and fireplace in Fairbanks. Hopefully all goes as planned and we'll get to move in by February.

Unfortunately, we found out today that his chain of command would like him to stay in Alaska for his full three years. A couple weeks ago, he received an email saying that he may be able to get into the Captain's Career Course at Ft. Benning in March. We flirted with the idea of being back in the South really soon and decided he would try to get in the class. However, it didn't work out which means we will be staying in Fairbanks until the end of this year. His next plan of action is to attempt to get into the September course. I'm praying that this option is available to us!

Yesterday, the hubs and I (and our neighbor and friend, JTD) went to church at Friends Community. We enjoy that church and are in a pretty good habit of going so long as we're in town. There was a guest speaker on Sunday and his message spoke to me. He talked about the dynamic between God's law and having an actual relationship with God. He gave the example of the adultress that the men were going to stone. Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." The law destined the woman to be judged and punished accordingly, but God's love and mercy allowed her to be set free.  This is one thing I have a hard time grasping. I feel blessed way beyond what I deserve. God knows my every thought and action yet he still loves me unconditionally. What a great feeling! I'm going to start reading my bible more often. I want to make it an every day thing again. My life is so much sweeter when I'm not in control of it :)

Today marks the beginning of the job search. Wish me luck. Jordan says my days of mooching are over. Ha! I hope I am able to find something I like, but if not any extra income will be helpful. It will be nice to feel productive again, too. I would like to feel like I am contributing! On the other hand, the lovely cabin we are hoping to get looks really cozy and I bet I could get used to being a stay at home wife! I could stay busy cleaning that place, but I definitely would have to start cooking more to pull off that role! Hi ho, Hi ho it's off to work I go. :(

More later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings