Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Craft Part 2

Today, I learned I'm no Martha Stewart.


I saw this cutesy pin on Pinterest from Ms. Stewart's website:



And it looked so easy I just had to give it a whirl. I didn't plan enough and well, my ornament was a big fat fail. The hot glue I decided to use peeled right off in no time and the pretty paper fell to the floor along with the pine needles from our live tree. Oh, well. Maybe I'll put a little more effort into in next time. Still, I hung the cookie cutter on our tree because we're still trying to fill the many branches of our perfectly humongous tree.



It's looking a bit bare toward the back of the tree, but we're working on it.


I do love an over-decorated tree, ya know? Or is there such thing?


Anyway, not one to quit crafting before I created something lovely I like...


I made this snowflake ornament-



I just cut up large strips of Christmas(sy) scrapbook paper and arranged them inside a plain glass ornament with my pinky finger. Talk about decorating on a budget!


(I know what you're thinking- "She wasn't talking about decorating on a budget. Awkward.")


I also used what's around me to my advantage. There are pine cones all over my yard so I'll definitely be putting them to good use in the future, too.


Have fun creating, y'all!

1 comments:

Becca said...

Super cute idea with the cookie cutters! I am not a crafty person, but it is possible I could accomplish that :) xoxo

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings