Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dog Days (2nd Edition)

On facebook, it was brought to my attention that I haven't been talking about my other two furry four legged kids. Forgive me. But you know when Mama says, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all", I tend to follow that rule.

I'm just playing. Or am I?

Drifter and Holly still have us questioning our decision making skills on a daily basis. As I talk about my four legged friends, I would just like to say, in case you didn't already know, you should never NOT EVER get a husky. They're absolutely terrible dogs.

But we love them so that their bad habits are sometimes endearing. They dig. They jump. They chew. And by "they", I mean Drifter. Holly is my angel dog ;) She does no wrong in my book.

I went outside to play with them today. They've been banished to the side of the yard because of this:



Oh, yes. We're the worst renters ever. We found out how terrible their digging habits were in Georgia. The people we rented from there actually asked us if we were trying to make a place for a pond or a bird bath because of the massive whole they dug. It's ridiculous and we've tried everything. We weren't aware how bad it was in Alaska because there was snow on the ground most of the year and in the summer it rained a lot and I could make a million excuses, but the fact is- I don't think it can be trained out of them. Alaskan Huskies are bred to run. They have a job. Drifter and Holly? They don't have a job...and this creates a problem (and many holes).

(Note: Of course we would never leave a property we rented looking like this! We bought sod before we left GA and judging by the picture above, we'll be buying a lot more when we leave here.)

These dogs are bloody expensive!

But they're also cute and sometimes sweet, too.



I like when Drifter sits like that. He's so proper.

And Holly is so timid when Baby K is strapped to me. She wants to be on her best behavior so she sits like this as if to say, "I'd like you to pet me but I know you have your hands full so I'll let you come to me." Love her.

I wish there was a dog park here so they could run and play again with other dogs like they love to do. We'll have to make a special trip to the dog park when we get to Tennessee. We can't forget them this time of year! Santa didn't. He brought them Christmas bones.

After our visit with Drifter and Holly, Baby K and I just walked around our massive backyard discovering leaves, an airplane, and fresh air.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Just the other day someone was talking about getting a husky. I advised them against it unless they planned to purchase a treadmill or one of those motorized rabbits the greyhounds chase. Your dogs are cute, but they sure create a mess for you!

Becca said...

haha! awww, but look at them!!!! such pretty dowgies :)

I know of a couple of folks who did really well with this breed. They are both marathoners without kids, haha. The dogs are enough for them!

Baby K is a lucky kid though, to grow up with dog-loving parents!!

Mrs. K said...

Yeah, if we ran more they would be okay. I used to try to run with them and they'd really smoke me! Now, there's no way I could run with two dogs and a stroller!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings