Tuesday, December 27, 2011

a quick update

I have a few moments to spare as I'm sipping on coffee, the baby is down for his nap (hopefully) and I'm waiting on my husband to be done hunting so I thought I'd write a bit. After all, it really relaxes me. I could use a relaxation moment. A cracking, warm fire might be nice, too. Christmas was wonderful. Perfect, even.



Until around 7PM when I started to feel that nausea wave rolling over me like I hadn't felt since the first trimester of my pregnancy. I was worried.

As the night progressed, so did my illness. And it wasn't long before I was emptying my stomach of all of that yummy holiday food I had eaten that day. Hello, 24 hour virus. That's about how long it lasted. Now, I'm feeling much better and very thankful it was only short-term. I just hope I didn't pass it along to any of our friends and family. I'd hate to have a dozen people cursing my name as the New Year rolls in!

I got everything I wanted and more for Christmas. I'm one blessed little lady!

The Captain, the baby, and I will be headed back to Louisiana soon. Boy, am I NOT looking forward to that drive. I will be glad to get back to our little life together. There's just something about being in your own house that is comforting. It's a feeling that you're not imposing. When we visit home, I often feel like people are ready for us to be out of their hair by the end of it. This could just be in my head, though. Anyway, I have a lot to look forward to when we get back to Ft. Polk. First of all, we'll be starting Baby K on rice cereal when we get home! He's getting to be such a big boy. Also, it won't be long before the bible study group starts back up again...AND my bloggy pal, Jenn will be joining us in Cajun country come February!

What are you looking forward to in the new year?

3 comments:

Dave Weigle said...

It's all in your head. You and K and J are welcome anytime and for as long as you want (or as long as you can stand). You are family!

Jenn said...

I'm excited to be moving down to Louisiana near you and your wonderful family!!

Megan said...

It was so nice to meet you. I'm enjoying scrolling through your blog and learning a little about your life. Hope you enjoy the last few days of your vacation. I remember how great it was to start on rice cereal. It meant they would soon have fuller bellies that stayed full for longer. =) Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings