Monday, December 19, 2011

Ghosts of Christmas(es) Past

Two of my favorite Alaskan Bloggers that I had the pleasure of meeting posted about previous holidays with their families and so it made me want to, too!


And just so you know...I thought the title of this post was so clever until I went to link up to Shannon's original post and realized I really just copied her. Ha!


Anyway, here's the other blogger who wrote about it, too. If you're looking for more blogs to read, check them out.


Without further ado:


2008- Our first Christmas together was spent actually very far apart. Captain J was in Iraq and I was worried about him from Tennessee. This was a tough holiday season as I caught a glimpse of what was to come in my future with him. Military life is so much harder when holidays roll around. Still, I tried to make the best of it and sent him a gazillion packages so he would have something to open for two weeks straight! This was also the year that I may (or may not) have had one too many glasses of wine and told Captain J's dad and a family friend of my undying love for him through wet, soppy tears.


What? I'm no pillar of strength.


I had fun, too though.


I went to a Tacky Sweater Party



and the annual (not so traditional) Christmas caroling



2009- This was a lovely year for us. I was just so happy to have him home and I know he was elated to BE home. We celebrated Christmas as a newly engaged couple and were married shortly after the new year!



2010- This year was crazy hectic. In November, we made the long journey from Alaska to Georgia. Thanksgiving was spent on a boat floating around Alaska and Canada. We made it home by Christmas, though and were able to announce our news that a very special gift would be arriving in 8 months!



We had written on the flip side of our Christmas cards that year that it was also from Baby K, but it took them awhile to see it.


We were pleased as peaches to know we would soon be parents!



2011- This makes three years in a row that I've had my soldier home for Christmas. I can't tell you how happy and grateful I am to say that. I know he'll have to leave again, but I'm cherishing this first Christmas we have together as a family of three. Waking up to this sweet boy makes me the happiest woman in the world! I'm incredibly, incredibly blessed.



2 comments:

Dave Weigle said...

Well, you "may (or may not) have had one too many glasses of wine", but I can tell you for sure that I knew right then and there my son was one lucky guy. You're the best! Pop

Annie said...

The photo for 2009 is stunning!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings