Saturday, February 23, 2013

Shabby Apple Swimwear

I'm not a photographer, a model, or a fashion blogger so sorry about the following photo:

If you don't care to ignore the baby glider in the background and the fact that this is what social media likes to call a "myspace photo", then I'll provide you with my latest clothing purchase...

the mom friendly bathing suit!

A couple week ago, I was unpacking all my bikinis from the days of Pre-Kids. Feeling decent about myself for a change, I decided I'd try them on. I shouldn't have. I really shouldn't have. My body is not where I want it to be in order for me to go out in public in skin showing swimwear. I don't know if it ever will be again. But gosh, darn it, I'll try to get it there. 

Meanwhile, I wanted something I would feel comfortable in. This is the sunshine state, after all. I'm going to be outside a lot!

I ordered the above swim suit from Shabby Apple. Their button lingers on my blog ads section, but I had only ever admired their clothing from afar. I had never actually purchased anything. Here's my experience with them:

The top is what I bought from them (I already had the bottoms from Old Navy). I was nervous to buy something a little pricey without trying it on- especially a bathing suit, but I just went for it. I was desperate to have other options than tiny bikinis I wore years ago. After filling out what seemed to be five million questions, the email was sent alerting me that a shiny new bathing suit would soon be on its way to me. I was pumped! The day it came in the mail, I opened it immediately and went to my bedroom to try it on. I bypassed Captain J who was on a phone call for work. I put the suit on and was pleasantly surprised. I mean, I don't quite look like this girl-
but she has photo edit, pretty flowers, lipstick, and a hat to help...
so whatever. ;)
Anyway, I love this suit! The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't support the ladies as much as I hoped it would. As a nursing mom, I need something substantial in the chest area. The elastic doesn't even go all the way around on the inside. Perhaps if I had ordered an XS I would be a little more pleased with the result. I got a S and it seems to fit perfectly everywhere else.

I also like the option of making it a little more revealing (ha) because I can pull it up a little to tan my tummy, too. It looks cute both ways (see my photo versus hers).

I was still checking myself out in the mirror when Captain J walked in. I thought he'd probably not like it very much, but he quickly told me otherwise. Also? He said he was glad I bought it. That almost never happens! So, this bathing suit is a score in my book.

(No one paid me to write this although I wish they would.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This would be PERFECT for me!!! I am on my way over now to take a gander!!

ps.. you look awesome in it btw!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm thinking next summer I need it! The one thing I never go cheap on is bathing suits. Well.. I used to back in high school but now I need a little more coverage than those days.

Jen said...

I think this is really cute! It does not look like a mom swimsuit.

Chantal said...

That looks great! I'll be back in bikinis again this year haha. Last year my tops kept getting ripped off by my baby... hopefully this time around she's a bit less clingy...

Jenn said...

I love it! Not sure how it fits but maybe a thin sports bra underneath might help with support. Granted I don't know how the back looks or anything

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I had to rid of all my bathing suits from post baby 2 as well. My whole body just changed too much. This is so cute!

Katie said...

Super Cute!!!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings