Friday, February 22, 2013

Florida Digs- Work in Progress

I hadn't even left Tennessee yet and I was already getting texts, "Send us pictures of your new place!" My blogging community has expressed the same desire so here I am...with anti-climatic photos of our new digs.

It still feels slightly bare because our walls are still waiting to be covered, but already it's home. I like it here.

It's not the nicest house we've ever had, but that'll happen when you shop for rentals online. I'm pretty pleased with it, though. It could have been a real dump.

The bathrooms could use some work. The kitchen doesn't have the bells and whistles...
but it does have a pantry, a garbage disposal and a dishwasher so that's more than I could ever ask for, really.

The "random area" listed above? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the dining room. But who puts carpet in a dining room? Furthermore, why is it as soon as you walk in the front door? And, oh yeah, it's separated from the kitchen area, too. I don't get it hence the stick-all-the-extra-furniture-there-for-now logic.

My favorite area is our bedroom. It's spacious and has a huge soaking tub in the attached bathroom (i.e. ALL I'VE EVER WANTED).
The rest is kind of a work in progress. Give me a break, people. I just got here ;)


How's that for a tour? Chances are if you're reading this and you care enough to make it this far, I wish I was giving you a tour in person. Just pretend I've just poured you a glass of wine (or a cup of coffee)- name your poison. Can we also pretend you're sitting on my couch now and we're swapping adventure stories? This housewife is officially bored! You know what helps with boredom? YouTube.

Thanks to my friend, Whittney, I just laughed at this so hard I had my toddler pretty worried. Now every time I turn it on, he laughs, too.

Oh my gosh. I'm dying.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So jealous of your bathroom!!
Love your style, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Your new digs are pretty nice.

That video! I guess the poor girl didn't read the directions on the spray stuff (you apply it after, not before) and turned the heat up way too high. Oh, and "counting to twenty or so" was probably a bad idea too.

Kathryn B said...

Cute house! I love your master bedroom furniture and am so jealous of your huge tub. :)

Jen said...

I love it, it looks great! :)

Jenn said...

Super pretty! Love it!

Julie, Wife of a Soldier said...

What a lovely house! You have decorated it so well!

Chantal said...

Love the house!

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Love your house - especially that master bath! And that video - WOW!

Karen said...

Love the house! Thanks for the tour :) Also, super duper jealous of the soaker tub, have you had a chance to enjoy it yet? That's all I want in my next home lol.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast you set up your house! It looks so good!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings