Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December Goals

I made some blanket type goals for 2013- the kind those in the psychology world know to be Crappy Goals (ok, I made that up). I wanted to get fit. I wanted to read more. I wanted to write more. There were others, but as I typed out just what I wanted to accomplish this year, it was only half-heartedly that I did so. Goals should be measurable and specific, something all of these lacked. When I saw Laura write out her goals for this month alone, I started thinking- Why wait until New Years to get crackin' on the things I want in my life? Here's what I'm working on this month:

1. 10,000 words on novel- I have begun writing the next great fiction novel. Get excited, folks! Seriously, though...I want to reach at least 10,000 words making the total word count around 13,000 by the end of the month.
2. Drink 3 camelbaks of water daily (at least!)
3. Workout 4x (at least) per week
4. Bring Christmas Cheer to our neighbors (deliver cookies, write a sweet note, caroling) (bahaha on that last one). What an odd practice caroling is...so I'm totally kidding with that one. I can't carry a tune in a bucket.
5. Start and Finish homemade gift for my sweet Cray K. I look forward to showing you all this one!

What are your goals for the last month of 2013?

6 comments:

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

Great goals! I saw someone else do a "December Goals" posting and thought it was a great idea too! When you mentioned "New Years Goals", I thought to myself, "Crap what were my New Years Goals". Perfect example of why monthly goals are better! :) Thanks friend!! I hear we are going to get some crummy weather tomorrow. Here's hoping its not going to be too bad for the both of us.

Anonymous said...

I need to steal that work out goal. My goals are to stay sane and make it safely to California.

Fran said...

Great goals! I need to join you in the drinking more water department... and probably working out too but let's not get too crazy here haha

Karen said...

Drinking more water is one of my monthly goals this month too!! It's SO dry here and I feel like I'm constantly thirsty lol.

Jenn said...

my workout goals are the same.

Chantal said...

I have very easy goals right now: Get a mailbox. Start buying pressies.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings