Friday, February 25, 2011

Happies!

I cannot take credit for this term. It was coined by my sister and her loving husband. But I am going to define it so that I can proceed with bragging on my own husband this afternoon. "Happies" can be used as a noun or verb and refers to items or thoughtful tasks done to create happiness in and for your spouse. Got it?

There are some things that my husband just isn't good at (doing dishes, laundry, hanging up clothes), but there's no need to point out faults! ;) Captain J is good at so many things, though. Among these, I must mention that he's pretty darn good at making me feel loved.

He left me with happies as he walked out the door this morning and greeted me with another as he came home from work today. I got breakfast in bed which is significantly more thoughtful now that I'm expecting our child. 2nd trimester or not, I still feel a little wonky if I don't eat as soon as I wake up. In case you're wondering, Millies, he did this after PT and before work- otherwise, I might have had to fight him.

I cleaned all day long. I cleaned all afternoon long. You wouldn't believe how much this lazy lady accomplished. Spring cleaning fever (or early signs of nesting?)  kicked me in high gear and I accumulated four and a half bags of clothes to donate to goodwill, straightened and organized our entire closet, and cleaned all the dirty rooms in our house.

What better way to wind down is there than what happened next-

My handsome man in uniform walks through the door with one of those miniature glass bottle cokes in hand and asks me to join him on our front porch swing. We recently discussed how much better coke seems to be out of the old school glass bottles. What a wonderful "happies" for me!



Oh, and please spare me from the "You shouldn't be having coke because you're pregnant" spiel. I've got plenty of people who would love to tell me what to do already :) Besides, this is my first coke in a long, long time. It's not usually something I drink- pregnant or not. It was such a nice treat today, though!

I'm just so thankful for my husband. What made you happy today?

3 comments:

W. A. Toliver said...

Coke is better in a glass bottle! :o)
A little treat now and then won't hurt anything.
You do have a gem.
Take care.

chancesimtaking said...

That's too cute. I just nudged Hubby and said look she gets sweet things from her hubby. He responds with "Well I did get home early and keep you company while (I) cooked dinner."

I also think that Coke out of a glass bottle is amazing! I think Root Beer is the same way

Kristine said...

I'm happy for you to have a coke. ☺
I can't think of a better way for you
to enjoy one...You have the spot, you
have the guy, you had the coke. It may
not always seem like it, but life really
is good, isn't it? ☺

"What made me happy today?" you asked

Well, I'm a couple of days late here, but since I
read the question today...It's my son's birthday!
:)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings