Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This porch of mine...


I have a new, not-so-secret dwelling place. With the weather in the mid seventies and lower eighties recently, I've been longing to be outside. Yesterday, I dressed up our winter stricken porch and made it into an early spring hiatus. It's easily my favorite place to be in this house! Forget the craft room! Just give me a good book and that swing and I'm good to go. Yesterday, I swayed in the breeze (not in a weird way...I was on the swing people!) as I listened to my favorites from Otis Redding.







Today, I'm looking forward to it again because now I have someone to share it with! I'm meeting up with Jenn for the first time ever today- woo hoo! I can't wait to meet her. More later...


(P.S. Bonus points to whoever sang the title to the tune of "These Arms of Mine".


7 comments:

Lydia said...

look so peaceful .!! love it

bjlonsford said...

ohh I love it! I wish I had one! :(

Megan said...

There is nothing better than a wide front porch in the South! Looks like it is quite the enjoyable spot!

W. A. Toliver said...

Nice!

Elizabeth said...

I just love your porch! If I had a place like that I would definitely spend time out there! It looks so calm and peaceful. LOVE IT! Hope you were able to enjoy and have many more enjoyable days there ahead!

alaskarella said...

That baby is going to love that swing. I bet he/she already does. :) Enjoy!

good is great. « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] We’ve had good times here. We found out we were expecting here, Savannah was spectacular, spring came early for us ex-Alaskans, and we’ve made some fun pals here that are in the same predicaments. Just [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings