Monday, February 7, 2011

Military Spouse Stereotypes









After recording, a male spouse of a marine, reminded me of another stereotype: that "spouses of service members are all wives". Let us not forget the husbands who put up with all the stuff the military dishes out to their families, too!

What have I left out? We'd love to hear from you! Please link up over at Chances I'm Taking. If you don't wish to vlog, then that's okay, too!

Also, I'm choosing to link up for Military Mondays over at Army Wives Lives. Do you have a recent military related post? Link up and hop around to see what everyone else is talking about this lovely February Monday. Have a great week!

5 comments:

chancesimtaking said...

you touched on so many I forgot about of left out. Great thoughts on them. when my health insurance ran out I got emergency care insurance and that was only after I was scared by my friend who had an appendicitis that cost her 30k. Tag chasers nice how did i for get this one?
I also can't stand women who wear their husbands rank. They frustrate me.

Yeah I take it with a grain of salt. Yeah some people fit the "stereotype" but most don't.

Tweets that mention Military Spouse Stereotypes « Mrs. K and Captain J -- Topsy.com said...

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by cw, Mrs. K. Mrs. K said: Military Spouse Stereotypes http://wp.me/pJCjW-Bd [...]

Candace @Army Wives' Lives said...

The uneducated gold digger one cracks me up--my husband and I both went to Ivy League schools undergrad and grad and he was a big firm lawyer when we got married--imagine the drop in his salary when he joined the military.

I do think that it can be nice, especially in this economy, to know that your spouse can provide some financial security--you'll always at least have medical and housing covered. I don't think it makes someone a gold digger but it can be an attractive part of the whole package--one thing that may attract a person to another could be their stability and responsibility.

That said, I have certainly seen women chasing soldiers because of the benefits and then they empty the bank account during deployment but that is not the majority of military spouses or even a large minority.

Thank you for linking up at the Blogger Spouse Carnival!

Mrs. S. said...

You're adorable. Seriously. And you are so right, husband spouses of military members get overlooked 99% of the time.

kelsey said...

Hey! I'm a new follower :) found you via the (mil)ing it over link up. Love your video!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings