Thursday, October 6, 2011

Childlike Wonder

Every day I wake up and look into these sweet eyes, full of wonder, and I think to myself about the innocence of a child-



Oh, how wonderful it must be to only have to worry about if your next meal is warm enough for your liking. I guess that problem does seem monumental in the scheme of things. It's hard work being a baby.


But now, Baby K needn't worry about anything...


b/c this Mama's childhood interpretation of Baby Jesus is displayed on a rock in his bedroom (Talk about a sentence I never thought I'd say).



Ha!


Little rock Baby Jesus is watching over little K thanks to a USPS delivery to my house last week (Thanks again!). I was delighted to be reminded of this odd stage in my life where I scoured the banks of an East TN lake for any rock I could paint. My dad's side of the family has such great artistic ability...


mine never made an appearance.


Clearly.


Anyway, I looked at this strangely shaped rock all those years ago and saw the Son of God. There's something so precious about childlike wonder and innocence, isn't there? I'm so blessed to be able to experience the world through my child's eyes as he grows up. I can't wait to hear what he comes up with when he's older. Will he want to paint rocks like his (weirdo) Mama? Or will he prefer to skip them in the water like his Daddy?


Only time will tell.


Until then, I'm going to enjoy each little moment that his eyes look like this-



so full of wonder...


Because time is fleeting.


He has already grown so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings