Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Roadtrip!

May I start by thanking you? Thank you oh so much to all of you who read my last post and commented, texted, sent emails, or facebooked me with encouragement on the matter. It warms my heart to hear that you all care about what's going on in our little world and it reminds me that I'm not alone. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

I promised some happy things, didn't I?

How 'bout I tell you about our quick weekend in Home Sweet Tennessee?

We hopped in the car on Wednesday and set out on Baby K's first ever roadtrip. We had a 12 hour drive ahead of us and that's not counting stopping to feed/burp/change little man along the way. I was pretty sure we dropped our marbles somewhere when we set out on this adventure, but Baby K was such a little gentleman. He is a good little traveler. His grumpy moments were few and far between on our drive. In fact, his daddy was much more irritated than he was.

Captain J was in a poopy mood. At one point, I asked him if he needed me to help drive. His response? Without even the slightest tilt of his head, he said, "That'd be a death sentence." Still trying to lighten the mood, I told him I would sing to him to keep him awake if he'd like. For some reason, he declined that, too. What's up with my boys not adoring my singing voice? Earlier today Baby K puked after I sang him a song. I digress.

Anyway, we eventually pulled into my parents' house in my small, sleepy little East TN town at around six in the morning. Our arrival coincided with my step-dad leaving for work, my brother getting up for school, and my mom anxiously waiting to get her hands on her newest grandson. Within an hour, they looked like this:



I'm so glad they've had some precious moments to bond.

Yaya had to go pick up another cute grandson of hers to take him to preschool so Baby K and I hung out while Daddy slept. We posed...



and made funny faces...



and had a grand ole time! It felt so good to be home and finally be able to show off my little bundle of joy to friends and family who hadn't met him yet. While we were in town, we went to my former high school's football game. My sweet boy must be athletic--he caught his first football!



Just before the game, Baby K was overloaded with a host of new (and old) admirers. He met his extended family and my very best friends. Here is my little man with his great-grandmother, aka "Mimi":



Perhaps he got spoiled with all that attention and that's why he has been acting totally insane the last couple of days?!

Anyway, we had a ball. We visited "JuJu and Pap" at their boat. We hung out with "Lolly and Pop" at their yacht club party. We I ate at Carl's a lot. And by the end of the weekend, we decided it just wasn't enough. Captain J started to re-think his whole military career, but that is another post for another time...

We drove home with a blanket of sadness over us. It's hard to drive 12 ish hours in the opposite direction of the ones you love when you know you won't be returning for awhile.

The good news was that we only crossed the Mississippi once on the way back...



I can't say that's true for the way there. SOMEbody made a few wrong turns. I won't mention any names, but it might be the one who claims to be "a master of land navigation". Maybe.

Anyway, all went well so long as the paci was firmly in place-



and our little Louisiana town never looked so good as it did when we pulled in our driveway. "Home" at last.

1 comments:

Kristine said...

I know it was hard to leave your family after all that. I've been saving my moving post because I just can't bring myself to post the painful truth. I know we're going to have some adventures here...but, my family is not here and that makes it so hard. I've never been this far away before. Well, we're military wives,eh? We must have some really special love in us to follow our husbands any where. Anyhow, I'm being a little depressing when I really came to say that I'm glad that you got to be with your family, and I'm super glad they got to meet Baby K. You sure are blessed, but you know that. ;) ♥

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings