Saturday, October 8, 2011

No Place Like Home

Hello, blog. It's me again.

It's late and I can't sleep. My brain won't stop. There's too much on my mind. Too much to do. But all I want is to have my mom, or sister, or step-mom beside me to cry on talk to. They are all about 13 hours away so you will have to do. Don't worry...you'll get a shorter, edited version.

This Army life is hard, ya know? I am just not cut out for it. I was a mess during deployment- a shell of myself half the time, wondering around Walmart with my bestie with my computer and skype attached to my hip just in case. Who does that? I complained in Alaska because I was so far away from my family. It took money to get back in their neck of the woods, something we don't really have that much of. Now, here we are...in Louisiana. Still, we're a plane ticket away from family and I'm complaining yet again. Maybe I just thought I wanted adventure. Maybe my adventure was in raising this child, not moving from place to place. In the past year, we've lived in Alaska, Georgia, and Louisiana. One year. Three homes. I'm tired.

If only I had a pair of these to click together:

1 comments:

carolinanorthw said...

Awe Kace! It'll be okay. We've all had a pretty crazy year, and it isn't over yet! I wish I were closer to come hold that darling little boy of yours while you type up the correct paper due each week.

Lately I have kept up the "God will provide" attitude, because honestly, He IS providing for us. Literally. There is no way we were supposed to make it through last month, or this month financially. Yet, when I trusted in God a kind woman at Walmart who doesn't know me, or my situation just threw $40 in cash on my purse, thanked me for my service (since B is in the Army) and left. Just like that! This month I needed our grocery bill for the ENTIRE MONTH to be less than $200 and for a family of three, that's nearly impossible. Yet, I get to the check out stand with a full cart, and it rings up to $142.16. The whole time while the cashier was ringing up items I just kept thinking "God will provide, God will provide, God will provide!" We can't do it on our own. We aren't meant to.
I know your faith is so much stronger than mine, but God is working His wonders for us. Finally I am trusting in Him, and FINALLY we are getting a breather!

Anyways, that was really long.

Love you, Miss you, Call me whenever!
Nicole

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings