Sunday, October 2, 2011

Goodbye weekend, hello Monday

As I'm stuffing down way old macaroni and chugging copious amounts of water, I'm reflecting on the whirlwind that was the past few days. In a somewhat last minute decision, Captain J and I decided to drive to Tennessee for the weekend. Clearly, we weren't thinking.

I'm kidding, but really it was insane.

13 hours one way with a 7 week old

We survived and we had fun to boot! The weather was crisp and cool, a much needed reprieve for us. Baby K got to visit and meet more of his family. We got to watch my brother play a little football. We got to watch Alabama kick Florida's butt on the football field. We got to hang out on boats with the fam. And believe it or not, we got to relax a little bit. It was nice.

And it was really nice to drive back into our sleepy little town here. We're exhausted so I'll have to share pictures from this weekend a little later.

If I don't talk to you before-- Have a great Monday!

XOXO,

Mrs. K

1 comments:

Becca said...

Road trips with babies...This reminds me of driving from Camano Island, WA to San Diego with a 10 week old and having to stop every 2 hours to nurse. I feel like after a while, you just get to where you don't even care about the hooter hider anymore...stare away.
:)
Glad you all were out and about. It does feel good.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings