Friday, October 21, 2011

Misc.

Not much has happened in our neck of the woods. We're enjoying (slightly) cooler weather by breaking out our sweatshirts only to shed them by noon when it's in the 80's again. There have been a couple of times that the temperatures have dropped to the forties at night and we've snuggled around a fire (Hey! Any excuse for some fire therapy is okay by me). In fact, that's what we're doing right now--enjoying some hot cider with a fire nearby.



Fall is my favorite season. I love to watch the beautiful colors come out. Sadly, there's not much of that here in Louisiana, but we're able to celebrate fall in other ways. For example:



Do yourself a favor and whip up some pumpkin muffins. Just mix a can of pumpkin with a box of spice cake mix and voila! Yummy fall treat.


Last night I watched a friend's little one while she went to a concert at Ft. Polk. Her daughter and I had loads of fun creating fall decorations with paint!



Speaking of lazy fall days, I've even been able to catch up on some reading. It's been amazing to be able to read books that I actually want to read. I had a week off from school this week and it has been glorious. My grades from last semester came in and I'm happy to report that the 4.0 still stands! For those of you who don't know, I'm an idiot occasionally scatterbrained and turned in the wrong paper to my professor. Graciously, she allowed me to re-do it and still gave me a perfect score. Originally, she only gave me 20 points out of 200. I was so relieved with my new grade because otherwise I would have failed the class, dropping my GPA dramatically. Next class starts on Monday and I still haven't received my school books. :( I'm going to be behind in the first week. It seems like I'm constantly behind now. It could have something to do with this little guy who is as cute as ever these days:




Completely worth it, though. I cannot tell you how much I love these bottles. After writing this post the other day, I randomly decided I would give nursing (directly) another try. I haven't breast fed Baby K this way in over a month, but tonight I was in pain from hyperlactation and he was ready to eat so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. I was sure that there was no way he would accept this form of feeding again, but he did. I was so happy! This gives me much more flexibility and I attribute it all to Tommee Tippee (and the brilliance of my small son) ;) I'm now feeling much better and I think he is, too. He doesn't seem to have belly troubles after feedings now, although he still spits up a bit.


I realize I just gave you a yummy recipe and then talked about baby puke in the next breath. I think that makes me a mommy blogger officially?


Stick around, y'all. One day I'll post something riveting that will blow your mind. It's just not today.

1 comments:

trisha freitag said...

Hi. I saw your entry on the giveaway page and I'd like to give you a diaper. Please contact me so we can work out the details.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings