Monday, February 24, 2014

Saturday Shenanigans

"Have children close together" they said. "They'll play together" they said. 

It's just not true. Not yet anyway so when the weekend rolled around, Mama needed a break. I ended up getting just that on Saturday when I got to tag along with my best friend as she wedding dress shopped with her mom and mother-in-law. Girl time with some of my favorite people was just what the doctor ordered. I loved watching my pal light up as she put on THE DRESS and I enjoyed getting to know her sweet mother-in-law and catching up with her mom, too. We ended up having lunch and doing a little shopping (I didn't buy a thing!).
I walked into Dillard's to browse and oh my gosh, I realized I can't afford anything in that store. I saw a beautiful bathing suit I wanted to try on but I just couldn't bring myself to do that because of the $142 price tag. When did everything go and get so expensive? I'm way out of the loop. I need to stick with Tarjay, I suppose.

Later that night, Captain J and I headed back to my hometown for a small concert at the historic Lyric Theatre in downtown Loudon. Listening to Wynn Varble play his songs and then the Fruit Jar Tippers get in on the action at the after-party was, literally, music to my ears. We soaked in the fact that there were no children to tend to and we were free to relax in the company of individuals who can speak in complete sentences and without whining, too!


We ended up staying over-night at my parent's house and getting to not wake up to crying kids. It was a dream, really.

And now it's Monday. Time to pull up my boot straps and get back to work on raising my crazy lot. Wish me luck. I need it!

10 comments:

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

$142 dollars for a bathing suit that gets sun damaged and discolored in 3-4 months?!? Does money grow on trees? Dang, that's some craziness there! I'll stick to Target and the clearance racks at the end of swimsuit season too. :)

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Glad you got a break! That is the best!

Katie @ Chalk it up to Better Luck said...

This is so awesome! I've been playing bluegrass music forever, and I love to see bloggers who understand how freaking awesome it is!

Anonymous said...

Happy you got a well deserved break! What a fun time.

Fran said...

yay for breaks! and how fun!!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you got a break and enjoyed time with friends!

Lisa C said...

Looks like a fun weekend! And I'm shocked at how much people spend when I'm at work. They don't even bat an eye at $400 for clothes.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a break! :)

Chantal said...

Dillard's is expensive! I hate when people suggest shopping there. I'm like, where do you make your money? lol

Jamie said...

Sounds like a perfect break!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings