Monday, August 9, 2010

His & Her Thoughts

He unfolds his green mat as he settles on the soggy ground that has become his bed. As he closes his eyes, he can picture her in his mind. The odd color of her hair and her warm brown eyes fill his mind. He wonders what she's doing in the very moment the sounds of a helicopter fade away and the roaring of the humvee start up.


She drums her newly painted deep purple fingernails on her thigh as she flips through the channels to see what's on. The only thing on her mind is reuniting with her husband soon. The t.v. is on just to fill the awful silence. She wonders if his blue eyes are tired. Has he fallen asleep? Is he sore and exhausted?


His last thoughts as he drifts off to sleep are of missing his comfortable bed.


Hers are of how their bed just isn't very comfortable without him in it.


 


5 comments:

kimbodarlin said...

Sweet, Kace. Hang in there....he will be home tomorrow......Love ya' Mom.

Lydia said...

beautiful post! It made my heart melt. But as I see, he's coming home tomorrow?? GREAT!! yay!!

have an lovely day

xoxo
-ly

Jenn said...

Kacy you should write a book. Things like this really would and do touch peoples hearts. I read this to J and he loved it. It's such a great depiction of what is really going on. I love it!

carissa said...

Awwww... this makes me sad! But it is wonderful at the same time. I don't like that he's away but I think in a way, it's a good thing that you miss him so much!

Sunshine said...

This is beautiful. You have a wonderful way with words. Thanks for stopping by and commenting the other day, welcoming me to the mil-so world!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings