Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rawr!!



I am woman....hear me roar!


 I never thought I was cut out for the role of a military spouse. I never really thought of myself as a strong individual...or independent even. I like having people around me that I know I can depend on. I think it's quite a different ball park when one has to step outside their little box and do something they wouldn't normally do. It's much easier to be independent out of necessity. The military often creates these types of situations where the one left at home has to step up, to make a decision, or be as strong as they can in support of their spouse. I experienced a little portion of that today...


Last night, I got a phone call saying that my animals had escaped (again). The fence that Captain J and I put up was not working. Mischievious little Holly kept squeezing through followed by the other two terrors sweeties. They're quite fond of rolling in horse manure in a pasture near my house which makes for a very cranky Mrs. K! I knew something had to be done so I enlisted the help of my dear friend- fellow Army wife, Nicole. She is such a good sport and always down for any of my crazy notions. She assured me that the two of us could definitely build a fence. We'd show our husbands!


After loading in the pick-up truck, driving around town, and purchasing materials we arrived at my casa at about 1030. The old fence came down and up went the new one-


 

 


Voila! I was very proud of our handy work. I never thought I'd build a fence. Does that sound snooty? If so, I don't care. :) That's man's work, right? Anyway, I proved today that I'm just a little stronger than I thought I was.


I've got to protect these dogs somehow! I really want to keep them all. Solstice is doing so much better here. Captain J is putting his foot down from far away, though. He says--absolutely not! Two dogs at the most. I know he's right.


Anyway, I just wanted to share with you my girl power. All in a day's work! I'm going to go watch some rented movies with two of my friends. See ya tomorrow for some vlog time!


 


4 comments:

carissa said...

Ah look at you lady! I know I couldn't build a fence! High five sista!

household 6 hooah said...

Isn't it amazing what we can do!!! I always hear people say, "I couldn't be a military wife". But I think that anyone can do it if you have no choice. Nice fence!!

Jenn said...

Great Job Mrs. K

Growin’ grass « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] realized that we only have about two months to get this done so it’s back to this for Drifter and [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings