Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tickets and Toys

I'm sitting at my kitchen table listening to a Chattagnooga, TN radio station and getting very excited about going home. I miss that accent! In my last post, I told you that I have more news to share so here I am with it:

I'm going home! I'll be making the dreadful flight from Alaska to Home Sweet Home and should be in at the beginning of September. I'll be home for about a month as Captain J goes off to some intense training- also down South. I won't get to see him graduate (if he makes it) and I won't get to hear his voice for the whole time he'll be gone. That's the hardest part- not knowing how he is, what he is doing, or when I'll talk to him again. I've never gone a whole month without hearing from him since we met...even during deployment. I hope I'll hold up well. More importantly, I hope J holds up well. This school is really trying so I'd love it if you'd send up some prayers for him. I know he'll make it through the process if that's what God wants for this family. The outcome of this school will determine when we leave Alaska so obviously we're hoping for the best, but I just want him to be safe while he's there.  That's the most important thing on my mind.

In other news, we've gone a little loco with spending money recently. We were saving for a new truck so when we accumulated over half of the money, we went shopping. Captain J We are the proud new owners of a Ford F350 crew cab gas guzzler.


Tree Huggers- Forgive us. We love it, although I'm not sure the feeling will last when we drive from Alaska to Georgia in the coming months. It might, though because it is so spacious and sparkly clean inside. It's a nice upgrade and should be paid off within the span of a few months. Maybe then we can start saving again. I know I want to be thrifty in order for me to be able to see one of my best friends get married in Greece next year!

I don't know if J was feeling guilty for spending all that money on his toy, but after we got the truck he surprised me with a Cricut! I finally feel like a real crafter now (Think Pinocchino and "a real boy"). I can't describe how much I love this thing already! I decided I was going to make all our Christmas cards this year. Lofty, huh? Anyway, I've already gotten started. Here's what I've come up with this morning:


I'm new to making cards. Sometimes I don't take the time that I should and it comes out looking like a small child's piece of work albeit a very gifted child. ;) As I continue crafting, I hope to get better. I'd also like to take a look at different layout ideas and such. The above card was just something I started cutting and pasting. Perhaps next time I'll have something more impressive to show!

Stay tuned for that and another post about this past weekend and how I totally laid eyes on a famous rapper in the airport...

Love,

6 comments:

lola said...

I love the christmas card!

Alyson said...

I love hearing what you are up to. I swear you make everything sound so interesting :) Can't wait to see you!

Dave Weigle said...

I think you need the bumper sticker I saw last week on a big truck in Oak Ridge: "Silly, trucks are for girls".

Dave Weigle said...

I love the card and would be proud to receive a homemade Christmas card like that. Thats what I was trying to tell you that there is a lady at the Farmers Market who sells her homemade cards. They were beautiful , but I know you can do as well or better. Congrats on the truck and cricket. Aunt Susie will be proud about the cricket!

Jenn said...

how do you like the cricut? I'm dying for one!!!!! Anywho the truck looks great!!!! What is this about GA you say? Coming into my neck of the woods? We will have to plan a get together if at all possible!

Free?! Yes, please… « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] when I so boldly proclaimed that I was going to make all of my Christmas cards this year? You didn’t believe me, did you? How could I make them when this sweet deal came [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings