Wednesday, August 18, 2010

State Fair and Snoop-a-Loop

This past weekend there was some excitement in our neck of the woods. First of all, the fair was in town. I mean, c'mon...How much more exciting can you get? I kid, I kid.

The Tanana Valley State Fair isn't much to write home about, but I'll share it with you anyway. Saturday was the last day of the festivities so we wanted to stop by and see what was going on. Honestly, we spent most of our time sitting around and chatting with some friends we ran into. The best part about this fair, or any fair, is the livestock. We saw lions and tigers and bears (oh my!)...Okay, that's not true. We did see reindeer, pigs, horses, chickens, sheep, and goats, though-



Before we exited, we stopped by a tent where this charming young lady was trying to sell a gaggle of meats and mustards. She really racked up when we walked by! We were ravenous anyway because it was later in the evening and we hadn't had dinner yet. We ended up leaving with 26 reindeer sausages! They are pretty tasty, though so I suppose all is well.

Then we headed over to Chena on the River to dine with friends out on the deck of the restaurant. What a lovely evening!

Let's back up, though...to Saturday DAY. As you may know, I recently booked a flight to Tennessee. To do so, Captain J and I decided to go to the airport to discuss redeeming our frequent flyer miles. As we pull up, park, and begin walking inside, I noticed this guy who was, I'm sure, the definition of supa fly. His suit screamed, "I'm important" and his stance did, too. Inside the automatic doors of the airport, the atmosphere seemed exciteable. It was easy to recognize that something was going down. Three other huge black guys in sweet suits were standing no where near each other around baggage claim and the gate exit. While this is perhaps commonplace in Atlanta or Chicago, it most certainly is not in Fairbanks, Alaska. In fact, I probably can't tell you the last time I saw anyone in a suit around town or at church aside from these fellas. The norm around here is ACUs or flannel!

Anyway, I remembered Snoop-a-loop (wait, that's not right) was scheduled to perform at a local bar that night. Less than a minute after that thought enters my mind, we see a  tall guy walking through the doors with a big teddy bear lookin' thingy on his head. That's the moment I met Snoop D-O-double G. Alright, I'm lying again. I actually just saw him about 10 feet from where I was standing. I didn't want to be the girl who was like 'OMGahhh, it's Snoop! Can I have your autograph?" so I just played it cool. Ha!

I tried to discreetly take a picture, but I only managed to get a scary look from one of the bodyguards.


Oh, well. Next time.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

hahaha thats funny I tried to do that when mariah Carey came into mcdonald but I bailed and turned into a total groupie. I was all of 15 so I guess I can let that one slide.

Lydia said...

hahaha you are so funny!! you may not have gotten pics.. but you at least did see him :)
xoxo

B. said...

LOL! Snoop-a-Loop! This is so funny! Airports are great places to spot celebs, apparently, because many of my friends have seen and flown with famous people. I, on the other hand, have only seen Paula Deen (but I'm not going to lie. I was excited!).

Also, is reindeer really that good? Something about eating Dancer and Prancer kind of grosses me out.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings